Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, can I git two head units into the JDM double din Dash kit??? Currently I have a metra, and it sux as$. Please help me, thank you. + rep to anyone that helps.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
not sure why you need 2 head units in there?! but yea i assume you can get 2 head units into the JDM dash kit... thou the JDM dash only comes with the plastic face and the dash piece itself theres no other piece to securely mount an additional headunit underneath. you would have to use the metra pieces or get someone to custom fab the pieces to make the additional unit to fit correctly. but doesn't your metra kit fit 2 headunits as well? don't really know about the fit but shouldn't it fit, technically its a 2 din opening as well? am i right on that? all i know is i have the JDM dash kit with a kenwood 7015 and it fits fine... i jus dont like how the dash sits like 1" out... wish it could've been flush with the dash, oh wellz.
hope i helped. :)

·
Bugaloo
654 Posts
I'm in the same situation... I actually bought the metra & the JDM Double Din... I need it to fit a headunit and 2 1/2 din units. But it doesn't quite fit in the metra.. And with the JDM kit there's not really a place to secure both units...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
akk01is300 said:
does anyone know if the metra kit will hold a doubledin dvd player?
It'll Hold. The reason I want the JDM is for the obvious reason, an OEM look, the other reason is because the Metra kit has this flimsy plastic frame, and it is not secured tight, it keeps falling off, so that is why I am thinking about using the JDM. Oh yea, and my question still haven't been answered yet... has anyone tried puting two head units into the JDM double din??? Please help, I need an answer before purchasing the piece.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^Bump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts