Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I am currently int he market for a new car, and the IS250 AWD is definitely on my list, as theres a 6000 price drop.

My question is, does the base IS250 AWD come with Projector headlights, or do I only get that with only the Luxury package? If so, is it expensive to get projector headlights separately?

Reason I ask is.. IS250 AWD base is great, well equiped, the only thing I see missing is HIDs. However, I don't want to blind everyone by using them on reflectors. Also, I would like to add the package so I can get the HID as well.. but I hate that wood grain trim that comes with it.. especially since its reddish brown.. I find it to be disgusting.

Thanks. I've been searching but no answer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The HID/AFS lights are available separately ($700 USD invoice/$850 USD MSRP) or as part of the Luxury Package. I believe that woodgrain is standard in AWDs for 2008.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't think the stock HID lights would be a straight plug and play swap as they are adaptive. They turn when you go around the corner and level themselves automatically... and you can turn those features off by using the multi switch. I don't immagine models with Halogen lights would pass these controls to the headlights that you'd need with the HID version.

Tons of people have put in aftermarket HIDs, they really do make a difference.

I too had a similar dilema. Being from Canada we don't have the array of single options, just big packages which are incredibly expensive. I was going to settle for the Leather & Sunroof but opted for the sport package.

I didn't think some of the features included in the sport package would make much of a difference but I'm glad I have them now. The features that really make the difference (ahtough they seem kind of trivial)are:

• The Headlights (obiously)
  • Power steering wheel retracts (friends love this as well as it's easier to get in and out)
  • The door mirrors are electrochromic and dim automatically with the rearview mirror
  • They also tilt down when in reverse which makes seeing you back wheels easier when in reverse
  • 18" Wheels (I don't think this is part of the luxury package)
  • It's still winter so I haven't had a chance to see if I really like the ventalated seats
  • The car knows which FOB is approaching and adjusts the seat before you get in. Then it adjusts your steering wheel and mirrors without having to hit the memory position. This is great if you have more than one driver.

All these things are probably easy to live without but you'll get used to them quite quickly and won't want to give them up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts