Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was doing my laundry and an idea popped in my head. It might be a stupid idea but let me know if it's doable----

I just ordered my Hotchkis springs and my desired outcome is to have my rear wheels "tucked low." The site says that they give about a 1 1/2 inch drop up front and 1 inch drop in the back. What if I switched it around? Is it possible? Would it look goofy? It might be a dumb question but I was just curious if it could work.....

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Altezza4EVA said:
So I was doing my laundry and an idea popped in my head. It might be a stupid idea but let me know if it's doable----

I just ordered my Hotchkis springs and my desired outcome is to have my rear wheels "tucked low." The site says that they give about a 1 1/2 inch drop up front and 1 inch drop in the back. What if I switched it around? Is it possible? Would it look goofy? It might be a dumb question but I was just curious if it could work.....
That's not a good idea. The spring rates for the front and rear are different; therefore, if you swapped the front and rear springs, then you suspension performance would be out of whack.

If you want the tucked look, go for springs that offer a lower drop like the Tein S-Techs or H&Rs. However, if really wanted a very tucked look, you'll probably need coilovers to lower more that 2 inches or get an airbag suspension.:)

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Definately do not switch them around. Install them normally and put 2 or 3 people in the back with you and a passenger up front. The front and rear tuck like woah. Soft springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts