Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old HID set left over from my previous accident. The bulb is there and so is the computer thing. Everything looks fine to me, except for the headlight cover… Anyway, I would like to know if there is a way that I can somehow install this HID set to my car and use it as the high beam. Any comments will be appreciated! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I am not sure of the size of the high/low beam bulb, but it may not fit. I dont think it would be worth it though, it will be illegal and not good for the bulb/ballast because of the constant on and off you will be creating when you use the highbeams. It is up to you though. You could always sell the bulbs and ballast to another member or on ebay.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
The high beam is a 9005 bulb, same type of socket as a 9006 (which happens to be your fogs)

You can try dremeling a socket piece out of plexiglass and epoxying it onto your D2R bulb , or get a 9006 HID bulb and shove it in there with your stock ballast.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"The high beam is a 9005 bulb, same type of socket as a 9006 (which happens to be your fogs)
You can try dremeling a socket piece out of plexiglass and epoxying it onto your D2R bulb , or get a 9006 HID bulb and shove it in there with your stock ballast."

I dont really understand. Can you please explain it to me one more time in a more detailed manner? Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Aubie83
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing