Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get DEEPEST BLUE HID out of the Lexus IS300? I've probably been through 3-4 different pairs from dealers who claim that they are the deepest blue. Is it the output from the ballast or am I just having no luck? Please can someone answer my question.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
8k is like the deepest blue u can get

From what I know, dealers don't sell those

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Advanced Automovice Concepts... Do your reaserch there, call them!!! I urge you! They'll give you the true answer!

Good luck, show us pics when you get them installed!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Look around ebay for 10k or 12k d2r bulbs. I have 8k and i think its perfect. It dead in the middle of white and blue. Deep blue is just asking to get pulled over.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
6-8 is "perfect" 10-14 is just dumb and pointless
By perfect, you're describing light color, not superior light output...

8k sucks. Hell, for me, 6k sucks, and I'm rolling around on projectors. I hate giving up light to have lights that "look cooler"

·
Registered
703 Posts
By perfect, you're describing light color, not superior light output...

8k sucks. Hell, for me, 6k sucks, and I'm rolling around on projectors. I hate giving up light to have lights that "look cooler"
right

perfect output is somewhere at 4300 if i remember correctly

I had a 14K kit on an old car one time, and it sucked a lot in the rain and night

·
Registered
38 Posts
right

perfect output is somewhere at 4300 if i remember correctly

I had a 14K kit on an old car one time, and it sucked a lot in the rain and night
I know alot of people know this, but there's still a huge misconception out there about the HID bulbs. The light output goes down as the number goes up, like these guys are saying if you want the "bluer" 8k or 10k be prepared for them to be dimmer than the 4300k stock bulbs.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yea, the higher the number the less light output. But to be honest i had 6k and with the 8k i dont really notice a difference. Not to mention it looks friggen nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts