Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it says that headers will add 18 HP, a race pipe will add 12 hp, an exhaust will add 5 HP and an intake will add 3 HP... how much of a HP gain would you get if had all 3 of these on your car??

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
DEPENDS ON WHAT PARTS YOU AE USING....

some intakes make MUCh more than 3hp... some exh make well over 5hp....

example.. .by adding an:
XERD race pipe
SRT intake
HKS Hiper Exh.

i dynoed at a solid 209 rwhp... up from approx 180 rwhp increase of a solid 25hp at least, possibly 30+... & with a clean filter i would have prolly been over 210 i am pretty sure.......

I have since added the XERD header & will add the HKS cam gear & an S-afc soon with all that added to the car & then tuned & dialed properly i hope to hit a solid 230-235 na/rwhp....

parts make a difference the Srt has a piggyback ECU that helps it make much more power than it should for not being a cold air intake....

edg

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
209 with the two cats in the header.....wow

wow...that's a pretty high N/A hp figure, all-motor isn't all that bad. :D

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
edgy said:

example.. .by adding an:
XERD race pipe
SRT intake
HKS Hiper Exh.

i dynoed at a solid 209 rwhp... up from approx 180 rwhp increase of a solid 25hp at least, possibly 30+... & with a clean filter i would have prolly been over 210 i am pretty sure.......

I have since added the XERD header & will add the HKS cam gear & an S-afc soon with all that added to the car & then tuned & dialed properly i hope to hit a solid 230-235 na/rwhp....

parts make a difference the Srt has a piggyback ECU that helps it make much more power than it should for not being a cold air intake....

edg
how is that possible? 209 HP?!?

i dyno'd at 184.5 with my srt intake, hks dragger II exhaust, xerd race pipe, and teck ground wire kit....

you have proof of a dyno sheet with that 209??

thats really hard to believe dude....

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
it is pretty hard to believe but with a stick and the right tuneing....i guess its possible.....id love to know what id hit if i had a stick now im at 199.9 with full exhuast and intake...so to be well over 200 hehehe

·
Registered
8,552 Posts
My setup will be:

PLP or something similar with TRD filter
L-Tuned Exhaust
XERD Race Pipe
S-AFC2

Hoping to get 25RWHP or more out of this setup.

·
Registered
219 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
edgy said:

example.. .by adding an:
XERD race pipe
SRT intake
HKS Hiper Exh.

edg

i dyno'd at 184.5 with my srt intake, hks dragger II exhaust, xerd race pipe, and teck ground wire kit....

manual will achieve higher numbers

I know it's not fair but they do

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
S-AFC2 Super Air Fuel Controller 2

Apex'i makes a air/fuel controller and calls it the S-AFC, that's version 2
the apex'i unit is widely used and most tuners are fimilar with it

HKS, Greddy, Blitz, they all make them, just not as commonly used on the IS300.....so one else would have to tell you why the apex'i unit is more commonly used on the IS (advantages over x-brand, etc.)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
S-AFC2 Super Air Fuel Controller 2

Apex'i makes a air/fuel controller and calls it the S-AFC, that's version 2
the apex'i unit is widely used and most tuners are fimilar with it

HKS, Greddy, Blitz, they all make them, just not as commonly used on the IS300.....so one else would have to tell you why the apex'i unit is more commonly used on the IS (advantages over x-brand, etc.)

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
silly automatics :lol: :shame: :roll:

tsopranoMB said:
edgy said:

example.. .by adding an:
XERD race pipe
SRT intake
HKS Hiper Exh.

edg

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not so hard to believe bro,.... easy....... we 5 speed owners start with about 10 hp more to the wheels than you slush box runners...plus the Hiper makes more HP than the Dragger II

........the rest of the stuff is pretty easy to figger out... & yes i DO have the dyno sheet to prove it..... :D

I submitted them all to Freelance ( i did a systematic series of tests & mods to see what each thing did....) for posting to go fast MONTHS ago but he never put them up...

edgy

FFFFFRRRRYYYDDDDRRRYYYCCCEREEEE !!!!!!!!11

CAM GEAR CAM GEAR CAM GEAR CAM GEAR CAM GEAR!!!

:wink:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Elite_IS3 said:
no much till you tune it out with S-AFC, loss of backpressure from all these so you wont get much.
the word "back pressure" is misused sooo often. It is not back pressure that gives you power or torque, its the velocity of the air exiting the exhaust. have a really low or really high air velocity you get little torque. thats why you want to have a 2.5" exhaust on a n/a car rather than a stock or 3" exhaust. you get the best flow.
and yes tuning should help out

1 - 17 of 17 Posts