Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading through the archives i've picked up two datapoints: a) the eibachs lower the car about 1" and b) the 01 IS300s sit much lower than the 02 and 03 IS stock...

so the question is, is the quoted 1" drop that the eibachs give on a 01 or an 02/03? If the 01 sits 1" lower than the 03 stock and the eibachs drop the 01 1" then they would drop the 03 2"... on the other hand if they drop the 03 1" they wouldn't drop the 01 at all...

I've got an 03 and i'm looking for about 1 - 1.5" of drop, but ride quality (comfort and sound) are top priority...

anybody got any pics of an 03 with stock wheels (5 spoke) and the eibachs (and stock shocks)?

thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
904 Posts
That's a good question. Ideally ride height should be measured from the ground to the fender or something

I'll be getting eibachs soon (2002 IS300) so if u can wait a few weeks, i'll show pics of a totally stock IS before and after eibachs (with stock shocks)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
for a 1-1.5" drop, look into eibach, l-tuned and tein springs

i kinda get what you're saying about the 1" drop thing but technically, it will drop your car (01,02,03) 1" regardless of the year, it will lower the ride height and decrease the fender gap

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Inochi3 said:
i kinda get what you're saying about the 1" drop thing but technically, it will drop your car (01,02,03) 1" regardless of the year, it will lower the ride height and decrease the fender gap
i'm assuming that the 02/03 cars have different springs to achieve the higher stance? If that's the case then the eibachs won't produce the same drop on all cars... all year cars will end up with the same gap with the eibachs, but the drop will be different because they will have different starting heights...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts