Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the TRD headlights?
How's the fit and finish on USDM IS?
Are they just same as the SportDesign black housing lights?

Thanks :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
JDM headlights have the orange reflectors in the headlights already, so their bumper have no orange sidemarkers.
JDM Headlights DO NOT HAVE HIDs, the fitment should be the same but your stock hid will not fit into the headlights and I believe they use H4s for headlights. However TRD offers a HID kit for the JDM headlights but its pretty pricey.
Thats all I know about it, hope it helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
I think you have to drill a hole into the housing somewhere though to get the HID's.

And they are flat black, not black chrome like on the sportdesign.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,321 Posts
SportDesign_IS, man it looks like you got jipped for that canadian sportdesign :(

Do you mean "no fogs" in your signature instead of "no frog"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
scottschoe said:
SportDesign_IS, man it looks like you got jipped for that canadian sportdesign :(

Do you mean "no fogs" in your signature instead of "no frog"
Thank for telling... haha... now it's funny when i look at it... frog! haha :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,365 Posts
SportDesign_IS said:
scottschoe said:
SportDesign_IS, man it looks like you got jipped for that canadian sportdesign :(

Do you mean "no fogs" in your signature instead of "no frog"
Thank for telling... haha... now it's funny when i look at it... frog! haha :lol: :lol: :lol:


really no sunroof and no leather :-? :shame:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lexluger180 said:
SportDesign_IS said:
scottschoe said:
SportDesign_IS, man it looks like you got jipped for that canadian sportdesign :(

Do you mean "no fogs" in your signature instead of "no frog"
Thank for telling... haha... now it's funny when i look at it... frog! haha :lol: :lol: :lol:


really no sunroof and no leather :-? :shame:

Yes! coz all the goodies goes to your guys! :(
Canada only get the strip down version :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,256 Posts
SportDesign_IS said:
lexluger180 said:
SportDesign_IS said:
scottschoe said:
SportDesign_IS, man it looks like you got jipped for that canadian sportdesign :(

Do you mean "no fogs" in your signature instead of "no frog"
Thank for telling... haha... now it's funny when i look at it... frog! haha :lol: :lol: :lol:


really no sunroof and no leather :-? :shame:

Yes! coz all the goodies goes to your guys! :(
Canada only get the strip down version :-?
Your car might not have all the gadgets, but stock vs stock, your IS will take any other 5 speed because it's lighter.

The Canadian Sports Edition is specifically made for more speed and mod purposes. You get 17" wheels and LSD, so it's all good.

:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,552 Posts
Hey well how much is the TRD HID conversion kit? Anyone ever try and paint their headlights to flat black? If so, how did you go on to do it?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top