Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Lexus Is300
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I haven't seen any threads on this so I thought I would make a small write up of my experience. I placed my order about 2 weeks ago and it arrives tomorrow. Now with there being many customizable options to choose from that Quantum Auto offers, but I chose to upgrade fuel/timing/auto trans shift points, delete the cat/evap/02 sensor codes for my headers, remove the governor, tie the changes to the snow mode button, and paid a core ecu charge ($150), where you can save that money by turning yours in, but I wanted to have a back up just in case. There was a crackle tune set up, but I opt'd out to keep my valves from burning up in the long run. On top of that, I only paid $475 in total for the core charge and all the changes. It is plug and play so we shall see how it makes a difference. The employee I spoke with said at WOT it is a total of 10HP gain at max. It's from quantum-auto.com

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Lexus IS300
8 Posts
Was thinking about trying them out as an alternative to buying a manual ecu for my swap. Def wanna know the outcome

·
Registered
2002 Lexus Is300
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was thinking about trying them out as an alternative to buying a manual ecu for my swap. Def wanna know the outcome
Forsure, I will definitely let you know. Im staying auto for now so I didn't choose that option but I'll let you know the over all outcome. It should be delivered this afternoon to test it out! But as long as it works, for $475 without the crackle tune really isn't bad at all compared to stand alone options. This makes it more affordable for people who have basic bolt on mods to be able to get a version of a tune instead of shelling out $1000's for a stand alone when you only have headers, intake, and exhaust. Here is the options that I chose.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Keep us updated. I've been eyeing it for a while now. I went to a local pick & pull and grabbed a spare AT ECU that I'll get him to set to MT (since I'm stock MT anyway) and do the power mods, O2 deletes, etc...

I think I've only seen one guy on FB review it, and he really didn't do much of a detailed explanation of the power it got out of it.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus Is300
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep us updated. I've been eyeing it for a while now. I went to a local pick & pull and grabbed a spare AT ECU that I'll get him to set to MT (since I'm stock MT anyway) and do the power mods, O2 deletes, etc...

I think I've only seen one guy on FB review it, and he really didn't do much of a detailed explanation of the power it got out of it.
You got it! I'm so excited to see how it reacts because right now I have a full exhaust and intake. It shoots flames when I feather the gas around 3k rpm when engine braking. So I'm curious if there will be more with just that little uptick in fuel and timing. Plus, passing emissions without those codes are a bonus 🤓😂

·
Registered
926 Posts
passing emissions without those codes are a bonus
Will it actually pass though? Or does it just turn off the CEL light? Seems like it wouldn’t set the “readiness monitor” after the mod. I don’t have emissions so it’s a moot point for me. I’d clarify with whoever is doing the mod, that it would pass emissions especially if you’re banking on this to get a turbo car “street legal”.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus Is300
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will it actually pass though? Or does it just turn off the CEL light? Seems like it wouldn’t set the “readiness monitor” after the mod. I don’t have emissions so it’s a moot point for me. I’d clarify with whoever is doing the mod, that it would pass emissions especially if you’re banking on this to get a turbo car “street legal”.
When checking with a code scanner and it showed all monitors were ok except for 1, which I'm actually messaging the company about, but I think it has to do with the governor possibly.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus Is300
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So since receiving the computer, I installed it and it started up first try. The first thing I noticed was when I turned it on there was a check engine light and whenever I used my code reader it showed p1756 which shows in the code reader that it didn't know what it was and so I went to online searching and as a general search it showed that it could be the governor solenoid or that it was automatic transmission solenoid of some sort. Since removing my speed limit in the options, this could of been what set it off but you can definitely feel the difference. As the employee told me over the phone that it will stay in a lower gear through the corners and not try to upshift on you. Oddly though, when I try to shift into eshift mode and use the buttons it's disabled. But the changes happen in the manual mode where it will downshift extremely quick and ride out the gears almost to redline, but is dependant on how far you press the gas pedal. It seems to be way more responsive and keeps the car in the powerband majority of the time. But left in drive it shifts more normally so you can drive normal or turn to M mode and it will let you take off! Definitely more responsive. I'm honestly contemplating leaving it this way and figuring out the code or swap ecu's when it comes time for emissions. But as far as overall application, I definitely feel the difference. The code is a bummer but I'm trying to get into contact with quantum auto and see what they have to say. I will post more photos later today.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
So since receiving the computer, I installed it and it started up first try. The first thing I noticed was when I turned it on there was a check engine light and whenever I used my code reader it showed p1756 which shows in the code reader that it didn't know what it was and so I went to online searching and as a general search it showed that it could be the governor solenoid or that it was automatic transmission solenoid of some sort. Since removing my speed limit in the options, this could of been what set it off but you can definitely feel the difference. As the employee told me over the phone that it will stay in a lower gear through the corners and not try to upshift on you. Oddly though, when I try to shift into eshift mode and use the buttons it's disabled. But the changes happen in the manual mode where it will downshift extremely quick and ride out the gears almost to redline, but is dependant on how far you press the gas pedal. It seems to be way more responsive and keeps the car in the powerband majority of the time. But left in drive it shifts more normally so you can drive normal or turn to M mode and it will let you take off! Definitely more responsive. I'm honestly contemplating leaving it this way and figuring out the code or swap ecu's when it comes time for emissions. But as far as overall application, I definitely feel the difference. The code is a bummer but I'm trying to get into contact with quantum auto and see what they have to say. I will post more photos later today.

Any updates on the ECU and the monitors? Looking to do this on My IS but want to make sure theres enough monitors activated for the ECU to say yes its ready for smog.

Currently chasing my tail on a o2 codes with new o2 sensors. My IS has headers already and appropriate spacers for the rear downstream o2 sensors. Just want to make sure ECU tuning will set the ECU readiness for smog here in Las Vegas

Thanks for all the helpful input so far!

·
4,305 Posts
Any updates on the ECU and the monitors? Looking to do this on My IS but want to make sure theres enough monitors activated for the ECU to say yes its ready for smog.

Currently chasing my tail on a o2 codes with new o2 sensors. My IS has headers already and appropriate spacers for the rear downstream o2 sensors. Just want to make sure ECU tuning will set the ECU readiness for smog here in Las Vegas

Thanks for all the helpful input so far!
You can just buy a simulator. Karl Long on Facebook makes and sells them.

·
4,305 Posts
Perfect, How can I contact Karl? Thank you for the help brother

Edit: Found and messaged, Thank you again
Facebook

1 - 14 of 14 Posts