Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...Is anyone interested in doing the next best thing to kicking my ass in real life? How about we set up a group Quake tournament??

I'm down if anyone else is.

Let me know.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
i'm in...i just got my new dell p991 monitor today, so all i have to do is set that baby up and i'm good to go. anyone around tonight?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geoff that monitor rules, I have the same one...Only annoying thing is the trademark Trinitron scan line that sort of hovers in the middle of the screen. Still colors are sharp and the picture is sweet.

Maybe we should set up a group thing at a certain hour.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
i heard nothing but great stuff about it. i used to have an older dell p990, but i sold it when i sold my last system. after looking at other monitors, i've decided to go back to dell.

how's the text look? nice and crisp?

and yes, tonight would be good sometime.

hey tony, want to keep it CTF, or do u want to try straight team deathmatch?

personally...i'd LOVE a good railgun instagib server. mmmmmmm....instagib.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The monitor is fantastic..the text sharp..i'm not sure if the monitor comes with software to help you calibrate it to your liking. You will probably notice the scan line if you have something on your monitor that is pure white. You will see a light thin grey horizontal line. No big deal really, all Trinitron monitors have them. I think it's got to do with the Trinitron technology, i'm not sure.

Anyway, I vote for an all out death match.
Nothing better after a hard day at work then a railgun, 200 armor quad damage, and a clear shot.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
my old dell p990 was a trinitron, so i'm familiar with the lines. btw, those are damper wires, inherent to all trinitrons, and they help support the aperture grille. i'm so used to them i don't find them annoying at all.

i'll check the is300.net Q3 server later tonight...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
i'm in...i just got my new dell p991 monitor today, so all i have to do is set that baby up and i'm good to go. anyone around tonight?
I have the same monitor....and it is sweet as hell.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
do you have the midnight grey casing, or the putty beige? i managed to order the grey...whether or not they shipped it that way i dunno -- yet.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by PMD911:
How do you play, i'm computer illiterate.

buy q3
install it
patch to v1.17
log on to quake3.is300.net
get shown the meaning of owntership by yours truly

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the putty beige one. I wanted the grey but didn't realize they made that casing until after I bought it. Just out of curiosity what type of internet connection are you using at home? I'm using cable modem.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've heard you guys but I like my viewsonic pf790, clean and sharp all the way through. couldn't be happier.

Originally posted by smra:
Sony Trinitron MultiScan E400 Monitor Rules!! :D

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
i have a 1.0 Mbit SDSL line from home, connected to an alienware 1GHz Athlon with GeForce2 GTS DDR 64 MB. 256 MB PC133 RAM. gaming goodness, let me tell ya...

·
8,107 Posts
I think Counterstrike is the best online game shooter there, in fact it's the most popular online shooter, with over 12,000 servers running.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
10 Participants
geoff
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing