Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding 18" HP Racing Evos and I'm bout to get a set of the Tein H techs (0.7" front, 1.0" back) cuz I just want a conservative drop to eliminate the wheel gap. Let me know if the H techs are a good choice and how they look if anyone's got pics. The H tech's seem to be the most conservative cuz I don't wanna buy new tires every couple months (Daily driver). Will the tire wear as much with a 1" drop as it would with a 2" drop?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Tire wear and and drop are not dependent variables. They have nothing to do with one another. If you live in an area where there aren't potholes, I will say go with the S-Techs. Some say H-tech is not worth it at all.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Not sure which OC you live in but if you are in the East coast with snow & all, I would go with the H-Techs. If you are on the west coast with no snow and not whole lotta pot-holes, I would go with the S-Techs. You can always go with the S-Techs and get an alignment after to get it back to original specs (camber).

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
The roads here in s.cali is pretty banged up with potholes everywhere. I have the H-techs and they ride reasonably smooth. Check out the photos in my cardomain site under my info.

V

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UCdnwchan, Ur car looks really dope! and you say youre riding the H techs. with just a 1" drop in the back? Thanks for the pics, I think I'm gonna go with the H techs (it looks very good. not too much, I don't wanna slam my car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always thought the lower you drop your car, the more uneven tire wear you'll get on em. meaning buying new tires more ofter? isn't that true?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just putting the H techs over my stock shocks. Since it is a conservative 1" drop, I'm thinkin it'll be okay. I heard that if it's an aggresive drop (meaning 1.5" or lower), it would ruin your stock shocks and you should change those too. Let me know what's up?

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
osmosis said:
Tire wear and and drop are not dependent variables. They have nothing to do with one another. If you live in an area where there aren't potholes, I will say go with the S-Techs. Some say H-tech is not worth it at all.
Are you serious? How much you're dropped is VERY dependent with tirewear.

·
Registered
304 Posts
chrisCARL0S said:
Are you serious? How much you're dropped is VERY dependent with tirewear.

No its not. Tirewear is dependent on alignment (among many other things), not ride height.

You could have your car an inch off the ground if you felt like it and your tires could wear like stock. If you are stupid and lower your car but you don't get an alignment then your tires will get eaten up due issues with the toe (and camber--depending on how severe the drop is). If you go and get your car aligned after you lower it then there are no problems with tire wear.

I don't know how adjustable the camber is on the IS (i just got this car) but depending on how severe the drop is, a camber adjustment kit may be needed in order to properly align the car.

·
Registered
472 Posts
On a budget, I got the Tokico HP Blues with H-Techs. Pretty cheap off of e-bay. These are non adjustable. You can get the Illuminas for a bit more if you want dampening adjustibility.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts