Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking see if anyone knows where I can get a pair of these headlights.
Every time I look at the Q45 Retrofit I start to drool.
However I see you can order them from AAC however seeing if anyone else knows a place to get since they are super $$$

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Don't go with AAC! horrid customer service and very mediocre(at best) results

go to hidplanet.com, read up and either do it yourself or find a reputable retrofitter on there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm think if doing myself just trying to find a DIY link that shows what I need to do.
Iv already painted my housing my self it's just figuring out how to do the conversion.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Best way I've found....(cheapest but fairly time consuming)

Remove headlights from car
Remove lenses & trim
Secure headlight to table aimed at a wall at least 20' away
Power headlight on
Mark beam pattern

Say a prayer

Start cutting till projector fits(make sure it sits well inside reflector housing & as centered as possible)
Power on projector
Mach it up to OEM beam pattern
Get some "steel stick to tack it into place
Once its cured(about 10 minutes with projectors left on)
Carefully check for clearance issues with trim & headlight lense
If that's good use jb qwick to really hold the projector place...if not go back to cutting phase

THE END...lol

Edit:

why specifically are you interested in the m45 projectors? Not too familiar with them. check out theretrofitsource.com for other projectors with output pics & various shrouds to match your individual style.

as far as bulbs, don't cheap out...at a minimum I'd say the new morimoto's are the lowest end to really consider @ 50/pair, phillips being in the middle for above average output and still decent color & osrams being the highend...I'm dying to try their new "nightbreaker" but my CBI's are still very low hours lol with the HID bulbs, you truely get what you pay for.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just loved the way they look however now that your saying the output is not that good ik scared to get that style .

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
What's your budget for new bulbs and projectors? I can make some reccomendations that trs normally carries.

Based on the pics I wouldn't say thir output is bad, but, for the price you can get much better, especially if you're willing to get projectors modded/tuned.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
2k budget for headlights??? You can do anything you want LOL

With that kind of budget you could do LED halos, LS460-R's, Osram nightbreaker or CBI bulbs and still have over 1k to play with lol

·
Registered
834 Posts
Q45s have to be one of the hardest projectors to work with (Esp if you want to retain auto leveling) There are many ways to go about retrofitting it, all depends on what you are comfortable with doing. But like you said, not other projectors have that style that like the Q. If you do end up doing the Q45 look into doing a high beam projector as well; completes the headlight IMO
here's a picture of my setup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts