Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so the title is a lil vague... heres the thing... the place i normally go to for service doesn't do them anymore :( and being i live in an apartment complex and don't have any tools (more so a jack or needed stands) nor did i have the needed time to do it myself. i know excuses :rolleyes: im truely lazy and rather pay someone else to get their hands dirty for only $30 bux :lol:

anywayz i purchased my own royal purple oil and took it into the dealer to have them change the oil. now i know the stuff is purple when its still in the container and once it gets into the engine it eventually turns brownish. but me being not too trusting and somewhat paranoid i suppose decided to check under the hood. and the oil is clear in color.

so my question is for the other guys currently running RP oil, what color is your oil after a week or so? clear and shiny or still somewhat purple? am i really just being paranoid?

·
Registered
423 Posts
if your checking it on the dipstick there isnt enough on the stick its self to show you an exact color other then brown. i checked mine after about 800 miles and its pretty clear and transparent. remember there are other oils left over from previous changes, oil heating up and cooling changes oil color as well as engine gunk and crap thats built up. on another note. when i had my engine out i drained and tipped the engine in every direction i could to get every bit of oil out. i only use royal and dude the shit that came outta my engine was un godly.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
prolly being a little paranoid. especially after 800 miles.
I use Rp oil only and maybe right after i put the oil in its still a light purple haze but still looks like regular oil after a short while. Royal purple really isnt THAT purple.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
take the dipstick out and wipe with a white paper towel. depending on how many miles u already had post oil change, the oil should appear to be a little purple-ish on the paper towel. looking at the dipstick may not be accurate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts