Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Lisnup, I know this is a little off the wall for car audio, but there is one subwoofer that is said to be the best sound quality you can get on most forums I check on. It's the Velodyne servo controlled subs(less than 1% distortion below 20hz). They no longer make them for mobile audio, but still make them for home audio. Actually, they sell the subwoofer inside the box already amplified (1250watts continuous, 3000 peak single 10") I've heard several people on other forums talk about running a DC to AC converter and using this sub in the car b/c it's so good. What are your thoughts on this whacked out idea? Could it work? Have you seen anyone using a home sub in a car before?

p.s.-this is a forward firing sub, my plan was to maybe mount it in a rear deck location firing straight up at the glass. Do you think a 12" could fit? Would that be the best place to mount it?

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
xencloud said:
Hey Lisnup, I know this is a little off the wall for car audio, but there is one subwoofer that is said to be the best sound quality you can get on most forums I check on. It's the Velodyne servo controlled subs(less than 1% distortion below 20hz). They no longer make them for mobile audio, but still make them for home audio. Actually, they sell the subwoofer inside the box already amplified (1250watts continuous, 3000 peak single 10") I've heard several people on other forums talk about running a DC to AC converter and using this sub in the car b/c it's so good. What are your thoughts on this whacked out idea? Could it work? Have you seen anyone using a home sub in a car before?

p.s.-this is a forward firing sub, my plan was to maybe mount it in a rear deck location firing straight up at the glass. Do you think a 12" could fit? Would that be the best place to mount it?
Thoses subs are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over rated.
I purchased one for my home theatre a few years back. It lasted 7 days before some guy on Ebay became the new owner. When it comes to sub bass you can take distortion ratings and toss the out the nearest window. They mean nothing other than to test equipment. The human ear cannot tell the difference between .1 and 10% distortion at 40 hz let alone 20hz.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
lisnup65
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing