Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am designing my system (going for overall sound quality) and I had a few questions.

I want to get a set of Focal 165w's for the fronts and a single Image dynamics IDQ 12" sub

what speaker setup would you reccomend for the rear deck?
What would you reccomend amplifier wise? (4 channel and monoblock?, 6 channel?, 5 channel, etc. and brand names)

I am planning on going with a Kenwood 911 dvd and a music keg for source.

thanks
BA

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
AD_LIB said:
I am designing my system (going for overall sound quality) and I had a few questions.

I want to get a set of Focal 165w's for the fronts and a single Image dynamics IDQ 12" sub

what speaker setup would you reccomend for the rear deck?
What would you reccomend amplifier wise? (4 channel and monoblock?, 6 channel?, 5 channel, etc. and brand names)

I am planning on going with a Kenwood 911 dvd and a music keg for source.

thanks
BA
Since you are using the 911 as the source, you will want something that is decent in the rear because of Movie viewing. I would put a good quality 6.5" coaxial or component in the rear. Then use a 4 channel amp with a 2 channel(Bridged) or a mono block for the subs. You could also drop a 5 channel in, but they are limited on flexabilty.
Set a budget and we can go from there. I highly recommend HiFonics, Xtant, Planet Audio and Crossfire amplifiers. Remember that the music keg for the source will only be as good of quality as the MP3's that you create. Keep a high bit-rate!

The add on 5.1 processor for the 911 is awesome also. It adds time alignment, 12/18/24 DB x-overs, parametric EQ, etc. When its time for the equipment drop me a line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
AD_LIB
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing