Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok srt intake dynoed on a stock (01 is300) on there website +22hp and +22ft/lb tourqe.mazzuri header and y pipe system dynoed another( 01 is300) and made +24whp and +28 wtq. both of em put together is 46hp and 50 ft/lb torqe

ok now both of these things arnt cheap by no means. about 1000 with s&h new from there sites. im realy intrusted in thes 2 combos. i want what i can git out of the factory 2jz ge motor.+46 hp and +50 tq sounds very good. can any body that is running this setup tell me how much they made.or should i save up for a turbo set up.mazzuri turbo running all stock?....

·
Registered
143 Posts
great question, i have this setup sitting in my trunk along with a greddy evo 2 exhuast. waiting to pas emissions before i start installing everything. would aslo like to hear from anyone who has this setup.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
you could buy the hks cams. they are like 900 and will give you around the same hp i believe. then you can still boost without having to get rid of stuff you just bought. just a thought. id rock the mazzuri any day.

·
Registered
136 Posts
check this out.. depending on how much you can save and how long it will take you. personally i would go with a turbo kit hands down. however if you dont make that much money just go with the bolt ons. turbo set ups are really expensive.. but if you dont got the money just get a nos kit..i mean if you wanted to be fast and you didnt have that much money i would have just goten a gsx first gen for like about 1000 put in another 2-3 thousand dollars and you got yourself a 12 sec car.. thats from my point of view. dont get me wrond a turbo IS is fuckin great.. however you need mula .. or a really good hook up

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I wouldn't count on much more than 200-210 hp to the ground with the srt and mazurri. That would be about a 30 hp gain from stock on most cars. Those numbers seem to be about the highest hp na IS i've heard about with similar mods.

·
Registered
143 Posts
aye cneeley 200-210 whp with manuals? or auto?

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
I wouldn't count on much more than 200-210 hp to the ground with the srt and mazurri. That would be about a 30 hp gain from stock on most cars. Those numbers seem to be about the highest hp na IS i've heard about with similar mods.
There are many in the mid 220s whp wise.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
220-240 whp or hp for na is alrite. i just want well.a lil more kick. the hks cams will git that much hp? wow!...awsome .so adding both intake and header wont make big hp gains combined?i figure srt intake make the car breath better witch flows out a better exhaust manifold(mazzuri) then thru a complete catback exhaust?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yea the mazzuri is the best bang for the buck. But you gotta remember that every car is different. Some engines are healthier than others. So number will vary.

Get yourself a mazzuri header, intake, and a apexi safc.
A turbo kit is expensive plus opens up other headaches later (tranny and other stuff)

·
Registered
694 Posts
yeah, if you want to go fast you will need the money to back it up. Right now there are a the highest N/A's are running about 225rwhp. I think someone hit 230 or so but nothing higher as of yet. If you want to hop on the run-around train, wait for BC cams to come out.

danielm is right about not being able to just add the numbers together. An engine can only go so far with basic mods. So far we have access to replacing the full exhaust, the intake, exh. cam gear, and emu. If you want to get into it a little more you can replace the throttle body with an 80mm or modify HKS cams to fit in the engine. Those two will require some work for sure. If you want, you could save up about 8000 and get a basic turbo kit. The reason for the 8000 is that you will need a couple grand for the oo-sh*&'s that might happen.

Another thing to look at is suspension upgrades. Going fast is fun, but maintaining that speed around corners is even better. Upgrade with coilover's and braces and your call will be even better. Also look at reducing weight if you really really want to get into things. The 2jz is rated at 218 but an RSX has less horsepower but is faster. Its faster because its not has freakin heavy.

The speed of your car is linked directly with how far you are willing to go................and the depth of your pocket.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ok I have this setup... When I had the SRT intake alone, it definately didn't add 20+hp... Maybe 10hp at the max... Someone did a dyno of the SRT intake only on here and they only got 3hp haha

·
Registered
694 Posts
well, incase we all forgot.....that 22hp gain is a "typical" gain. Says it right on the website...but if you go and look at the dyno chart at the bottom...its only a gain of about 13. The best thing about it is its a plug and play kit. Just slap the intake on and solder a couple wires and your off..plus it works well with other mods. The best way to go about it is to buy the intake and put an apexi safc controller or some sort of emu. That will net the biggest gains.

If you want to know how dependable this kit is...just look at all the compliments it gets, but if you want to go for thed max you will need some sort of adjustable emu.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts