Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i heard from a friend that the pyrometer is alot to install like $500 and is not needed with a turbo setup, he mentioned a/f and boost, no fuel pressure, maybe oil...also what is the best price anyone has seen on autometer guages the cobalt series....

·
Registered
712 Posts
You friend is a RICER.

IF... his talking about those red/blue light A/F gauges. They wont do jack s**t unless its a wideband 5 wire o2 sensor you got with a voltage conversion. Pyrometer (EGT) is important, but only once you tune your car because each car will run different temps so it will be accurate to YOUR car onced tuned. My personal order by importace:

Boost
Wideband A/F
Fuel Pressure A MUST of you changed your fuel system.
EGT
Oil PRessure

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
cariza said:
You friend is a RICER ... and a shit talking jackass, tell him not to speak to you

IF... his talking about those red/blue light A/F gauges. They wont do jack s**t unless its a wideband 5 wire o2 sensor you got with a voltage conversion. Pyrometer (EGT) is important, but only once you tune your car because each car will run different temps so it will be accurate to YOUR car onced tuned. My personal order by importace:

Boost
Wideband A/F
Fuel Pressure A MUST of you changed your fuel system.
EGT
Oil PRessure

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
well... EGT.. pyrometer... both check temps, except you dont use EGT to check out tire temps, CPU temps or whatnot. :crazy:

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
pyro = fire = heat

meter = something that measures

hence... pyrometer is something that measures heat (temp) whether its for tires, water, or exhaust temps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts