Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious... are the PWR and SNOW buttons supposed to light up? I bought my car used and they don't light up... but I can't remember if they are supposed to or not.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Yes they are suppose to light up if they are on, you should see it on your instrument cluster.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops... maybe I wasn't clear. :blush: I was asking if the buttons themselves are supposed to light up. Sorta like how the TRAC text lights up on the traction control button.

The lights on my instrument cluster do light up normally.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Crester said:
Oops... maybe I wasn't clear. :blush: I was asking if the buttons themselves are supposed to light up. Sorta like how the TRAC text lights up on the traction control button.

The lights on my instrument cluster do light up normally.
Yes the buttons should light up, mine also flicker on and off sometimes, and a good hit on the gated shifter area is usually all it takes for it to light back on. If you're still under warranty, I suggest taking it to the dealer before your 50k is up.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wisky said:
Yes the buttons should light up, mine also flicker on and off sometimes, and a good hit on the gated shifter area is usually all it takes for it to light back on. If you're still under warranty, I suggest taking it to the dealer before your 50k is up.
Sadly my car is outta warranty. I guess I'll just leave it for now... it's not that big of a deal I guess.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would anybody have a picture of their gear shifter area at night?

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
I have never touched those buttons since I bought IS. However, it should light up on the cluster

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SLayerS said:
I have never touched those buttons since I bought IS. However, it should light up on the cluster
I'm not talking about the instrument cluster though... I'm talking about the actual buttons.

I just checked my dad's GS300... and he has four buttons along the front edge of the armrest. There's the ECT button (one rocker switch for both snow and pwr), two seat heater buttons and the VSC button. Of those four buttons only the VSC button lit up. BUT... I checked the PWR button on my old Toyota Cressida and the PWR button does light up!

I know what I'll do... let's have an informal poll. Do your ECT buttons light up?

1 vote for no.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
they should light up

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're right... here's an official picture I found on the net. So the next question is... how do you get them to light up? Is there a bulb? Or do you need to buy a whole new switch?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts