Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah they are really bright, but its still seems yellowish is the highbeams not running alot of power? are they low power? anyways i also found that we have stock silvinia bulbs witch are pretty good, what bulbs are you guys using for your high beams....the model of the PIAA is extreme white plus...4000k

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
To LexIS307: Just do the "Full Power DRL MOD" (search for more details) and that will get rid of the light yellowing......

irv_usc said:
i'm using MTEC Golden yellow 2500k.,.. wow that's really yellow! haha
Irv,

How much did you pay??? Can you get me a set???

I want them to match my yellow fogs :D

Joe Z 8)

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
just got the PIAA Plasma Spark Blue 7500k. matches HID without full power mod. not available in US, sorry

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LexIS307 said:
ÜberPhLuBB said:
Ok, if there is ANYONE out there who still can't wrap their head around this, this picture should sum up everything. Everything is there (Joe Z's pic was the same, but this shows the stuff in the background), but I have 2 things to add. I used 16 gauge wire, and when you are done taping it up, you can stick it anywhere. I opted to tape it back to the female end of the plug.

ok, i understand, quick question i dont want my DRL on @ all, all i want is more power for when i use my highbeams, (i have my DRL's disconnected now) if i do this is it going to reenstate the DRL? like putting the plug back into the dont touch hot box, making the drl work again....
am i asking the right question, that apply to the post about the piaa highbeams....

·
Registered
321 Posts
LexIS307 said:
LexIS307 said:
ÜberPhLuBB said:
Ok, if there is ANYONE out there who still can't wrap their head around this, this picture should sum up everything. Everything is there (Joe Z's pic was the same, but this shows the stuff in the background), but I have 2 things to add. I used 16 gauge wire, and when you are done taping it up, you can stick it anywhere. I opted to tape it back to the female end of the plug.

ok, i understand, quick question i dont want my DRL on @ all, all i want is more power for when i use my highbeams, (i have my DRL's disconnected now) if i do this is it going to reenstate the DRL? like putting the plug back into the dont touch hot box, making the drl work again....
am i asking the right question, that apply to the post about the piaa highbeams....
so what does looping that jack do? Does that make your Highbeams brighter?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
No matter WHAT you do, aside from an HID conversion (which is just plain ignorant), you CANNOT get DRL's to match your normal HID's. It is impossible, so sorry to say it chado, but bullshit. Your bulbs might look vaguely similar, but they will not come very close to matching. You said your DRL's match WITHOUT the DRL mod? That's even more bullshit, you can't even get them to match WITH a DRL mod.

LouNee, shorting the DRL plug makes your DRL's run at full power, getting rid of a little bit of yellow. It does not affect highbeams though.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
chado said:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ronin3730034/lst?.dir=/Lexus+IS300&.view=t

there are two pics of my DRLs right now. of course nothing will match DRLs exactly but these have NO YELLOW at all and they are not running full power. i was making a point, nobody needs HID DRLs, the point was to get rid of the yellow, which I have done
For DRL's, that's pretty good. Not perfect by a long shot, but pretty good. What do the highbeams look like?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
when i get a chance i'll take a pic with the highbeams and headlights on, haven't seen that myself yet actually

1 - 11 of 11 Posts