Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been having a bit of trouble with my 2001 Lexus IS300, I made the mistake of putting a 15A or 20A fuse in a slot meant to be left empty as the cover shows. After doing so the car lost complete power and the engine will not crank or turn over and all power seems to be gone. When charging the battery the only lights that come on the dash when the key is inserted are the door open light and the security light blinks normally. But as soon as I move the key to try and start the car no noise happens (engine won't even attempt to turn) and the lights turn off and there is no power again unless I remove the battery and put it back in (same two lights only come on) I have already replaced the 40A Main Fuse and the 120A Alternator fuse as that is what someone suggested. Has anyone ever had a situation like this occur and any suggestions on what may be causing my IS to have no power. Any suggestions or tips appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, But if the cables are on right and not corroded with a good battery. Then that leaves that. I am assuming you checked all the fuses.
Seems like a corroded battery cable issue or a very dead battery to me.
Seems like a corroded battery cable issue or a very dead battery to me.
Removed the bolt for positive terminal and can’t pull the positive side off, it won’t move at all. Def corrosion?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts