Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone done this? i think that its really kool and ive seen one where u can juz put it in ur cigarette lighter w/o any drilling for $70. i dont know if thats a good deal but juz let me know wuchu all know...thanx

·
2,909 Posts
That is a new option on the Japanese Altezza. But I don't know where it is located. I was sorta surprised Toyota would offer that as an option. I guess it's another dollar in their pocket! Maybe it'll be able to install on our IS's, I don't see why not.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
if you have some (and i mean decent) electrical experience, you can do it yourself, otherwise, pay someone. i installed one in my supra, and it was cool and looked clean. girls like it especially, when you push in the clutch, and tell them to push the button, they get all giddy. it would work nicely with an auto as well.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
no pics, sorry the car is sold. it cost around $70 if i remember correctly. i got it at www.lmsspeed.com .

Originally posted by Lexy300:
IS300GTE - where did u get urs and how much did it cost u? do u have any pix of it? thanx

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a look at the fitting instructions for one of these pusb button starters and it requires a connection to the starter motor solonoid. Does anyone know if it is possible to get access to the starter motor easily?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
on the sup, it was underneath the intake manifold, i think it is the same on the IS.

you do NOT need to get to the soleniod though, you can just run a relay using your ignition wiring and another source of power. again, if you aren't fairly good at wiring, do not attempt it, and if you burn your car to the ground, or f something up really expensive, don't come to me either, because i am going to be conservative on this one and say that unless you could install a car alarm (even a simple one) don't try the push button starter.

Originally posted by chunkymonkey909:
I had a look at the fitting instructions for one of these pusb button starters and it requires a connection to the starter motor solonoid. Does anyone know if it is possible to get access to the starter motor easily?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing