Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
UPDATE: trunk lock is a positive signal, and does need to be cut like the one diagram. Such that 86 to 12V+, 87 to 12V+, 85 to the aftermarket control module you are installing (ASLONG as the aftermarket module is producing a negative signal THEN this configuration works), 87a to integration relay side of the WHITE/ blue wire ( the side where the wire goes into the connector and into the body ecu). and 30 to the motor side of the Blue/white wire for the trunk release. Again the blue/whiet wire is pin 8 on the 14 pin connector that is attached to the body ecu. With the blue/white wires connected at 87a and 30 means that the configuration is what it would be if you didnt cut them in half. When power is applied it opens the circuit between 87a and 30, and closes the circuit from 30 and 86/87 so it sends a signal to your trunk and prevents your body ecu or fuse to blow.

Next will be the 2 turn signal lamps. The horn. and the door trigger wire. Will update as i go along. If anyone knows where these wires are or are good work arounds, please let me know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Now im confused with the turn signal wire. The module I have has 2 turn signal wires that need to be connected. Probably one wire to the LH and one wire to RH turn signals. Problem is the car uses the turn signal handle to close the circuit ( so a resting 12 Volts, then the turn signal is used and closes the circuit, showing 0 volts), while my module uses positive voltage to turn the lights on. So now im at a loss as to where to connect the positive wires on the module to the vehicle.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts