Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that some of you people buy your IS300 online, is it that much cheaper?
what other stuff do you buy online?
have you ever buy clothes online???

I usually buy electronics/ computer stuff online
almost bought my IS300 online, but I figure it would be cheaper to go to the dealer and nagotiate.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I buy a LOT of stuff online. I usually get all my electronics and computer stuff online (check techbargains.com for good deals). I got in on more.com's charter deal (pay the same price and no shipping for life on your charter itmes) so I get some drugstore stuff there. I've gotten groceries at NetGrocer (albeit not much, just some baby formula I couldn't find anywhere else).

But I buy alot of stuff from people on Ebay. Clothes? Yes, just got a nice Joe Abboud suit. Furniture? Yes, bought a nice Armoire. Toys, Electronics, Car stuff. I buy everything for my Miata online (check the marketplace at miata.net to see why). You name it, I've probably bought it online.

I searched for my house online - but found the one I bought by driving the neighborhood we wanted (saw the sign, saw the house, made an offer, bingo - house was on the market one day, we were the first and last people to see it - very popular neighborhood). I got my mortgage at onloan.com.

I did NOT get my IS online only because I got one of the first ones in the area and they weren't available at any of the online car places.

You name, I've probably bought it online, or at least researched it there...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
697 Posts
techbargain.com sometimes have good deals, but they post too much from buy.com amazon.com and staples. I think they do that becasue they get commission off of your purchases...

just my .02

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
webmaster,

That techbargains.com is a great site. From that site I noticed that there was a rebate on a router that I bought, but I think I bought it before the required time period plus I think I already mailed out my receipt for some other rebate. I wish I photocopied it. www.thedailydeals.com is another good deal site, but you probably already know about it.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Yes, I use buy.com alot. They have a warehouse in Miami, so I usually get stuff shipped UPS Ground on the next day unless it comes from the CA warehouse, then it comes Guaranteed Slow.

Yes, there may be some more advertising on the site, but I will avoiding using 468x60 banners at all costs.

Techbargains does list alot of those stores, but also because they have good coupons.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, I like buy.com too, but I like outpost.com more because they ship extremely fast.. Once I ordered my palm m100 at 1am in the morning and I got it at 9am the same morning. oh, and there's no shipping charges.
anyway, I went to armaniexchange.com and saw this really cool red jacket. I am kinda scare about buying expensive clothes online though, because if it doesn't fit then I am screwed.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by chromaplast:
yeah, I like buy.com too, but I like outpost.com more because they ship extremely fast.. Once I ordered my palm m100 at 1am in the morning and I got it at 9am the same morning. oh, and there's no shipping charges.
Yes, I like outpost.com too because of their shipping. But they don't always have the best price. And sometimes they're a lot more expensive. Outpost lets you order up to 12pm EST. PC Connection lets you order up to 2pm EST.

Originally posted by chromaplast:
anyway, I went to armaniexchange.com and saw this really cool red jacket. I am kinda scare about buying expensive clothes online though, because if it doesn't fit then I am screwed.
That depends on the return policy of the individual merchant...not just "online".

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

1 - 9 of 9 Posts