Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now, my car is at the point where it needs some work done. First, I need to take care of the 60k maintenance part. Along with that, I need to buy new tires because the tires I have now are bald.

So my question is: Which is the best tire brand if I want longevity and less road noise and very price friendly? Currently, my tires only last between 20k-30k miles since they are performance tires. So I'm looking for something that will last longer than 30k miles. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been using the Toyo Proxes 4 but each is 135 at the place i get them from.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Right now, my car is at the point where it needs some work done. First, I need to take care of the 60k maintenance part. Along with that, I need to buy new tires because the tires I have now are bald.

So my question is: Which is the best tire brand if I want longevity and less road noise and very price friendly? Currently, my tires only last between 20k-30k miles since they are performance tires. So I'm looking for something that will last longer than 30k miles. Thanks for the help.
go to Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels, input your model for tire selection, and click on "Best Sellers". Look at the reviews and the survey results. I ended up with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus at Costco, which has a $70 off Michelin promotion that they are currently running, which more than pays for an annual membership, and their install charge of $15/tire includes road hazard warranty.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What do you guys think about the Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires?
I have them and couldn't be happier, I had them installed on my is350 out the door for $680. By far the best tire ive ever owned. Excellent grip on dry and wet road and very good in the snow, pretty much the best all around tire. They also look very sexy once they're mounted. I would compare these to the Michelen's but for nearly half the price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have them and couldn't be happier, I had them installed on my is350 out the door for $680. By far the best tire ive ever owned. Excellent grip on dry and wet road and very good in the snow, pretty much the best all around tire. They also look very sexy once they're mounted. I would compare these to the Michelen's but for nearly half the price.
$680 out the door is a very good deal! I got a quote from America's tires, and they're gonna charge me $350 for the fronts and that includes the road hazard warranty. For the rears, it would be $470. So for all 4 tires, it's gonna cost me around $820.

So my95tsi, did you order your tires online or somethin? cuz i wanna pay the same price that you paid for. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
$680 out the door is a very good deal! I got a quote from America's tires, and they're gonna charge me $350 for the fronts and that includes the road hazard warranty. For the rears, it would be $470. So for all 4 tires, it's gonna cost me around $820.

So my95tsi, did you order your tires online or somethin? cuz i wanna pay the same price that you paid for. Thanks.
I didn't buy them online I purchased them through Discount Tire and they price matched onlinetires.com. They tried to add shipping costs but I fought it and they removed it. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I, too, am looking to replace the original summer tires on my 350. I am thinking about the Proxes4 as they were second rated to the Michelin Pilots. Has anyone had good luck with these for performance, wet traction and mileage?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.