Lexus IS Forum banner

punks stealing our sunshine..

3K views 92 replies 30 participants last post by  4yoazz 
I think chiem brings up a good point about most of us deciding to buy the car before it was even released. I myself knew about the Altezza in Japan for a while, and once I knew it was coming to America, I put myself on the waiting list at my local Lexus dealer about two months prior to its release. Blinded by hype? What hype?

No commercials/media prior to release= no hype

Most of us made an informed choice in buying the IS300. Some like its unique styling. Others prefer its RWD layout. Whatever the reason, We bought the best car (for us) that's out there. I tested the CL-S, a GS400, a Corvette, an M3, and a Diamante. All of them had their advantages, but the IS fit me the best; and that's all that's important to me. (slight flame bait coming up) If I wanted a front heavy, ugly exterior, Acura Accord, I would have bought a CL; but I didn't, so I got an IS. :p
(On a objective note, the CL does have a clear advantage in price, options, and the interior is very nice; but it's still based on the Accord platform, and no matter how different it may be, that would've hanged over my head.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.