Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 IS350, F package. 6X,XXX miles on it. Did a really good break job first time; turned original rotors, EBC Red pads, completely flushed the entire system with Amsoil fluid. Within 20,000 miles, brakes were pulsating and felt like a warped rotor. Pads were still practically brand new.

This time, installed brand new rotors all around, cleaned up the surface of the pads on a very flat surface, and bled the brakes. Within 10-15,000 miles of this, pedal started pulsating again like warped rotor.

This time, brand new rotors checked (they were fine). Installed brand new pads (even though the Red's were still in great shape). Again, within 10,000 miles, the pedal is now pulsating again and it's horrible.

It's not the rotors. They are not warped. Pads are fine. The driver is not hard on brakes by any stretch of the imagination.

What would you do next?

·
3,113 Posts
By saying "pulsating" Do you mean it shakes very badly when brakes are used? Or It is smooth just seems to slow and speed up in an oscillation. When brakes are used?

There is only a few factors. If the rotors are flat and new and the pads are flat and new.
Then you look at the caliper. Is it moving from the mounting area. Or are the pistons not coming out evenly.
The other factor could be the ABS pump or master.
Now if all of that is correct. Then it is a use problem. Could be too much heat build up. Could be poor materials.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I battle this pulsing brake issue for years. I hit a cut in the road surface on the highway 5 years ago. Turns out the axle was bent front and rear. It took me so long to replace them that it made the rotor rub the pads and caused the vibration. It ruined my calipers and finally the master failed last year. Long story short I basically have a whole new brake system.
after driving for a while check to see one wheel is hotter than the others. That one is either doing all the braking or frozen and not retracting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I battle this pulsing brake issue for years. I hit a cut in the road surface on the highway 5 years ago. Turns out the axle was bent front and rear. It took me so long to replace them that it made the rotor rub the pads and caused the vibration. It ruined my calipers and finally the master failed last year. Long story short I basically have a whole new brake system.
after driving for a while check to see one wheel is hotter than the others. That one is either doing all the braking or frozen and not retracting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts