Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in my wife’s 2001 Nissan Maxima (98K miles) today for a 2008 IS 250, Starfire Pearl, tan interior, Nav, etc. - it has 19K miles and is a clean car.

It is certified, but I told our sales guy I wanted new tires and new brakes (dust free) as a result of my researching on this website. But to my surprise, when we picked it up today they do have new tires, but also the 2009 rims!

My only guess is in an attempt to get the car out the door, instead of waiting for new tires they had some 2009 rims / tires sitting around and decided to install them. I actually prefer the 09 rims, so it worked out for us.

I've been lurking on here and just wanted to say thanks for all the information everyone post here - it has been very hepful in making this decision.

And as all you husbands know, when the wife is happy, everyone is happy!

·
Premium Member
14,403 Posts
Traded in my wife’s 2001 Nissan Maxima (98K miles) today for a 2008 IS 250, Starfire Pearl, tan interior, Nav, etc. - it has 19K miles and is a clean car.

It is certified, but I told our sales guy I wanted new tires and new brakes (dust free) as a result of my researching on this website. But to my surprise, when we picked it up today they do have new tires, but also the 2009 rims!

My only guess is in an attempt to get the car out the door, instead of waiting for new tires they had some 2009 rims / tires sitting around and decided to install them. I actually prefer the 09 rims, so it worked out for us.

I've been lurking on here and just wanted to say thanks for all the information everyone post here - it has been very hepful in making this decision.

And as all you husbands know, when the wife is happy, everyone is happy!
words of wisdom!

Welcome!

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Happy wife = Happy husband. :approve:

Congrats on the new ride! Nice color of choice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.