Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - no disrespect intended, but I am trying to gauge Geoff's dedication to the CL S Type.

So G Man...if you HAD to choose between either a Diaper Stain Yellow CL S-TYPE or any color IS 300 - what would you do...would you sacrifice on looks for performance or do looks not factor into your decision making?

Agent Smith out

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited October 12, 2000).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
i don't care for the cl-s gold at ALL, but i'd still opt for the performance, even though i think a black or graphite (or the solar yellow!) is300 would look better.

paintjob's cheaper than a new engine, ya know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you'd go CL-S TYPE and take it to Earl Schiebb (SP) before you went with an IS?

My point was that looks played a major role for me in my decision...that and the extra doors. I enjoyed the S Type when I drove it but I knew I wasn't gonna be racing etc...I wanted a slick looking car with above avg performance.

It was largely about style...and that as you know is a subjective trait. So I think we can agree to disagree on car selection.

Agent Smith Out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
So you'd go CL-S TYPE and take it to Earl Schiebb (SP) before you went with an IS?

My point was that looks played a major role for me in my decision...that and the extra doors. I enjoyed the S Type when I drove it but I knew I wasn't gonna be racing etc...I wanted a slick looking car with above avg performance.

It was largely about style...and that as you know is a subjective trait. So I think we can agree to disagree on car selection.

Agent Smith Out
it'd be a tight call if i had to get the gold cl-s...real tight. but yeah, i think i'd go with the cl-s...i still like the lines of the car, with or without the color
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Ok Geoff...
what if the CL Type S had the same performance it has right now but the looks of that new Pontiac Aztek suv.....

would you still buy it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by wazzup:
Ok Geoff...
what if the CL Type S had the same performance it has right now but the looks of that new Pontiac Aztek suv.....

would you still buy it?
nope

i'm only human, u know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one Wazzup...nice one

G - what if my bowel movements had all the performance of the CL S Type but it was you know $hit...would you still buy it?

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited October 12, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited October 12, 2000).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,250 Posts
no offense, but slick looking? i think the is300 is anything but slick...it stands out as ugly to me....the rear end anyways =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
no offense, but slick looking? i think the is300 is anything but slick...it stands out as ugly to me....the rear end anyways =)
WHAT?!?!!??! MR CLAM HAS GONE MAD!!
Eric....

Mrclam, you have 910 posts but yet you seem to put down the IS300 a lot.. What do you like about the IS300 then?

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited October 12, 2000).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
Nice one Wazzup...nice one

G - what if my bowel movements had all the performance of the CL S Type but it was you know $hit...would you still buy it?

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited October 12, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited October 12, 2000).]
lol...better than the aztek
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,250 Posts
i think performance wise its fine =) maybe a little fast in the straight line but that's really not a big deal. its just the styling...everytime i see one...
i guess whenever i see one the back end just comes into my view(with the rest of the car) and i think....that doesnt' look like it "belongs" compared to say an S-class wehre my main complaint is wtf do you need turn signals on your side mirrors for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
that doesnt' look like it "belongs" compared to say an S-class wehre my main complaint is wtf do you need turn signals on your side mirrors for?
The turn signals on the Side Mirrors are there for safety sake and I don't think it's a gimmick either.....
Eric...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,168 Posts
I don't think the side blinker on the MB are gimmicks either, but they are super bright at night, almost too much. Kinda blinding when it's dark. But real noticable...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by kota:
Geoff if the fairy god mother came over to your house and swapped your CLS with IS300 while you were sleeping, would you get pissed? I think you would act pissed but deep down you would thank the fairy god mother. Btw, how is your skunkworkz fantasy coming along?
fantasy? sheesh.

here we go again.

exactly how stupid will y'all feel (and you know who you are) when a story gets written about this car? believe me, i'll be the first to remind you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
ok let's turn the tables here.

what if the IS had the looks of that Pontiac Aztek and performance that outclassed the CL Type S...would you buy it? C'mon no matter how it looks it's still a Lexus....

no way in hell would I ever get caught behind an Aztek looking car.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top