Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to change the bulbs for the puddle lights on the outside mirrors? Does it require taking the mirrors off the doors? Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
its really easy...u dont have to take the mirrors off the door but u will have to take the actual mirror out of the mirror holder.

to remove the mirror (glass part) grab and pull out (towards the back of the car) carefully on the bottom of the mirror. there are two clips that will pop off and slide the mirror down and out. its connected by wires so roll down ur window and set it on the window seal.

next you need a philips head screw driver and remove the 4 silver screws behind the mirror.

the front painted cover will still be attached at the point...to remove the cover you will have to pull carefully straight forward (towards the front of the car) to remove the clips. after remove the light is accessible

the bulb used is a 194 bulb

goodluck!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i did mine a couple days ago on a starfire pearl 09. i bought the 4 smt 2w flank leds from vleds. i opted to just unscrew the outer 2 screws on the mirror and pry out the socket. the output is much brighter and whiter, but i'm a little disappointed in how it dims on and off -- def not as smooth as regular bulbs, but i'm guessing that's just how leds are?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts