Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great news!!! There is a sales manager at a Lexus store in Milwaukee that can get your name on an IS300 a lot sooner than you think.!!( July, August delivery?! NO WAY!)
The demand is strong,but it looks like there will be some cars to go around...spectra blue
maybe?!

(HINT: That Sales Manager is me, and I would be more than happy to answer any questions that you have AND of course, get you your new IS300!!)

This is an opportunity, and I can't say that this will last..( after all, other people will read this, too.) I CAN EVEN SHIP TO YOUR DOOR!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
you are kidding right...you probably are...cause i dont want an IS from Milwauke..its prob all messed up and stuff..id rather have mine from the largest and most dependable Lexus dealer in the US..you all know where that is right?

·
Registered
226 Posts
hey i can ship mine to your ass, dont make me barf, by the way, ill have mine sub july too idiot. Dont hype me,opportunity bs my ass. YOu gonna ship to my door out here in CA???

[This message has been edited by Brandon (edited May 25, 2000).]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by tlin8:
you are kidding right...you probably are...cause i dont want an IS from Milwauke..its prob all messed up and stuff..id rather have mine from the largest and most dependable Lexus dealer in the US..you all know where that is right?
oh what, is that Longo?? Enjoy the wait, maybe what they say about "the best comes to those that do so"...could be true. Besides, what # are you on that huge dealers list..25?? Good luck......

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Brandon:
hey i can ship mine to your ass, dont make me barf, by the way, ill have mine sub july too idiot. Dont hype me,opportunity bs my ass. YOu gonna ship to my door out here in CA???

[This message has been edited by Brandon (edited May 25, 2000).]

Woudn't ship the car till your check cleared...you seem kinda rough.
Thanks for telling me how ya feel though..and yes...If you want one, and you are legitimate, I will ship to your door. Don't you believe in free enterprise, dude?

·
Registered
643 Posts
HAHAHA...huge dealer list??? its true...but guess what # i am....im the first one!!! beeeaaaatch...right when i heard that the altezza came out in japan around the year 1998...i went to Longo and told them to write my name down....hehehe, and i guess im gettin the first IS300 from the largest dealer in america...so there

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by tlin8:
HAHAHA...huge dealer list??? its true...but guess what # i am....im the first one!!! beeeaaaatch...right when i heard that the altezza came out in japan around the year 1998...i went to Longo and told them to write my name down....hehehe, and i guess im gettin the first IS300 from the largest dealer in america...so there
Great job! Your a step ahead of a lot of people...enjoy the car! Are you going to modify it or leave it be for awhile....

·
Registered
643 Posts
UH....since i really wanted the manual version...im gonna leave it alone..then when the manual comes out...ill trade it in.
this is pretty weird considering im only 12 and i dont even have a drivers license.

·
Registered
113 Posts
;p Damn, you guys are rude. Brandon, I'm shocked. Sike! But ewk, you guys must have something against dealers posting here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
One nice thing about the web is that traditional local markets become national. A few years ago there were special California emission cars that had extra controls and slightly less horsepower and were sold in California , Massachusetts, and New York. This had an effect of isolating and protecting those markets from neighboring states to get a lower price and bring it home or have it shipped. Now that all Lexus models are 50 states approved then the market is wide open. If a dealer in Milwaukee is having a slow month and wants to pay the cost of shipping to your door in Southern Cal. then that may save time and can be construed as a form of discount. In the old days the dealers would threaten to withhold services if you purchased the car from a competitor. Lexus doesn't allow this but you may not get all of the frills such as free loaners or complimentary carwashes or pickup and delivery for service etc. The Lexus marketing surveys are predicting that the IS300 owner will be unlikely to spend much time at the dealership. This market is described as High Tech and Low Touch. Some of the advantages of owning a Lexus versus a Toyota or a Honda is the extra services provided by the dealer, the longer warranties and coverages like roadside assistance, and the quality of a Japanese manufactured low volume car. One last thing about Lexus dealers is that every year they work hard at earning the coveted Elite of Lexus award. It is difficult to win consistently and some dealers may never win it but that is up to their own priorities.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
ISBlain, I appreciate your assistance. There's nothing wrong with someone offering and allowing us consideration.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm the second one on the list at a large Northern CA dealer. He told me I could drive my car around the 15th but could not pick it up til after the 23rd. Who knows for sure til then. It sounds good but the drive and size may discourage me. I ordered it with a deposit 5-6 months ago but I know there will be someone to take my place if I change my mind.
Builder1

·
Registered
226 Posts
YOu at lexus stevens creek builder1? I am, they told me the same thing.

Yea kim, i guess i wasnt in the mood, this guy came one all hyping it like we dont know what we are talking about. If a dealer is on to give informative info or tell theyre number cars thats ok, but i hate advertising. BUY HERE BUY HERE, BUY FROM ME!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Bernie:
One nice thing about the web is that traditional local markets become national. A few years ago there were special California emission cars that had extra controls and slightly less horsepower and were sold in California , Massachusetts, and New York. This had an effect of isolating and protecting those markets from neighboring states to get a lower price and bring it home or have it shipped. Now that all Lexus models are 50 states approved then the market is wide open. If a dealer in Milwaukee is having a slow month and wants to pay the cost of shipping to your door in Southern Cal. then that may save time and can be construed as a form of discount. In the old days the dealers would threaten to withhold services if you purchased the car from a competitor. Lexus doesn't allow this but you may not get all of the frills such as free loaners or complimentary carwashes or pickup and delivery for service etc. The Lexus marketing surveys are predicting that the IS300 owner will be unlikely to spend much time at the dealership. This market is described as High Tech and Low Touch. Some of the advantages of owning a Lexus versus a Toyota or a Honda is the extra services provided by the dealer, the longer warranties and coverages like roadside assistance, and the quality of a Japanese manufactured low volume car. One last thing about Lexus dealers is that every year they work hard at earning the coveted Elite of Lexus award. It is difficult to win consistently and some dealers may never win it but that is up to their own priorities.

Great insight into the dealers world. Thanks!
Some things to add...

1. Lexus dealers are responsible for a P.M.A. or Primary Area of Responsibility.This means that they are assigned an area that is the focus of their sales efforts.(zip codes, among other things dictate this.)When a responsible dealer loses a sale to another dealer, and the client is from within that resposible dealers P.M.A, it is known as getting pumped, and it looks bad and could affect that dealers earnings of cars..(other factors are involved as well.)In other words,dealers should be selling clients that are in their backyard!!!

2.The Lexus purchase experience is unequalled by any other highline manufacturer.
(especially BMW, Mercedes, and Audi...they just haven't figured out how to please the new car buyer.) Even though Lexus is sensing that this "IS300 group" will be" high tech, low touch", you can be rest assured that they will still provide the best possible customer service..( keep trying BMW..sooner or later, you will catch on!)
Incidentally, even if a car was to be shipped, to a customer's hometown,it would be done so with that customer's satisfaction as the upmost priority.

3. The dealer that I work for, and represent, is a four (4) time recipient of the coveted "Elite of Lexus" award.As late as this year! (1999)Tough to get, and worth every bit of the effort! ( Only 2% of the national dealer body achieve it!)

I posted an announcement of availability of new IS300's with the intent of notifying those that were interested in acquiring a wonderful product sooner....not to clutter the post with senseless advertising and false claims...I have something to offer, and people should know this!!

Lengthy comments but once you get rolling...................ISBLAIN

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
8 Participants
ISBlain
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing