Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, my name is Bryan, and i just bought my 5-speed '03 lexus IS300 (graphite) a few weeks ago. I've been looking at all the forums around in here, and just wanted to say that my.is is pretty cool all around. I'm a big car enthusiast, as well as a soon-to-be tuner, being that i'm a mechanic. This will be the first car i've ever owned that i'll be doing major upgrades and tuning to, and i'm amped to be doing so. I don't have digi cam at the moment, so i'll get you guys pics ASAP. Right now my IS is pretty much bone stock, but during the winter i'll be doing a lot of interior mods as well as putting in a state of the art sound system sure to amaze people. It won't be till spring that i get heavy into tuning/suspension/exterior mods, but i look forward to seeing a lot of nice IS300's and i'd be more than glad to reply to anyone's questions about the car mechanically.

One thing i'm a lil curious about:
Is this place mostly IS300 discussion or will the 1st gen be overshadowed by the new 2nd gen?

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Peace

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
awesome...

welcome Bryan!

where did you get it at?

I'm quite close by to you, and there are many other IS300 owners in the vicinity as well...

check the north-east forum here.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
welcome to the site :) Hope you enjoy your stay. Dont let the guys in the PL scare you, they are all soft and mushy inside, just with a hard, crispy outside.

As for the site, the 1st gen will never be overshadowed. Even years down the road, people will remember our cars, as the last ones *so far at least* ever made with the good ol 2JZ power house.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My info

I got the car off a guy in Garfield, and to my comfort, found the guy to be married and have a child, so at least he didn't fit the profile of a racer! I live in northern New Jersey in Parsippany. If you don't know where it is, perhaps you know Morristown-its just north of Morristown.
I'm anxious to hopefully meet some IS300 owners around the area, and definitely check out any mods on em. I got big plans for my baby, and hope to win some awards down the roads if i plan to make it a full show car.
Glad to hear that you guys probably feel the same way about the 1st gen as i do, although yes, 300 hp does sound mighty tempting!

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Congrats Bryan and welcome aboard. Nice color choice! Curious what your 2nd color choice was?

Also, to answer your question, soon there will be an IS250/350 forum up here, which should separate the two generations and their discussion a bit more.

Enjoy your IS and the great reliability that comes along with it!

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on your 03 IS300. :) Enjoy surfing the site and don't let the mod bug bite hard. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My first color choice was actually black onyx, however, the one used 5-speed IS300 i found in black wasn't in "terrific" condition, so had to back out...

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
LexIS77 said:
My first color choice was actually black onyx, however, the one used 5-speed IS300 i found in black wasn't in "terrific" condition, so had to back out...
Well nice 2nd choice, I'm in a debate now between the SGM and Black onyx. The only fear with SGM is that it'll look more like a "dirty" black onyx, than a metallic dark gray?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts