Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I've been stalking this site in anticipation of purchasing a sportX and I am so proud to say that I finally have one! The miles were a little high (155K) and there were considerable maintenance issues that were negotiated as a part of the deal but now that I finally have her in my garage I couldn't be happier. I love everything about it. The functionality, performance and aesthetics truly make this car a classic.

I do notice, that when she shifts, the shifts are a little harsher than expected. I'm wondering if the PO used the correct tranny fluid. My mechanic said it was clean but I forgot to ask him if it was the correct type. I know my LS400 shifted smooth as silk as soon as I flushed it with the red ATV IV fluid from toyota. Any ideas on this?

Also, how tough is it to install the Megan EZ streets on the sportX? Last set of coil overs I installed was about 8 years ago on my Scion xB and that wasn't an issue. Is it harder to do on the wagon than the sedan? Any SportX tips out there that I haven't seen in the search function? All I have found is sedan write ups.

Any help on these 2 issues is really appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
838 Posts
pictures??

The installation is a bit more involved in the rear for the sportcross, you start by removing rear bottom seat, the the little cubby compartment, rear floor boards, then the back panel, and finally side panels. Luckily front is exactly the same as the sedan.

good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to post pics but for whatever reason they wouldn't load??? The culprit is probably my ancient work computer! lol

Thanks for the tip Curran! I'm gonna try to give it a shot this weekend!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts