Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my IS this weekend, blue with ivory.
I'm kinda at a loss regarding how to maintain the interior. I backed off the scotch-guard offered by the dealership (seemed like a rip-off), but are there any products that you guys would recommend using instead?

·
Registered
50 Posts
eech.. I dunno on that one... I had 1992 Black Integra with Ivory interior and it was just a big mess for me.You just have to be cautious especially with food and liquids and if you smoke, thats trouble because the interior will turn black!! I still have nightmares.. You try to be cautious, but someone will bound to happen. When I sold it, it was clean, but the ceiling of the car was gross and then seats were not the same. Thats why I got the IS with black interior.. Luckily I dont smoke anymore, and I wont allow food in my car and be lucky if you could bring any drinks in there now!!!
But there are alot of foam cleaners but I think you should check with Lexus about the fake suede seats to see what the appropriate cleaner would be.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I don't think anyone can buy Scotchgard anymore since 3M pull ALL of their Scotchgard products off the market. (Something to do with chemicals polluting the environment).

They did extensive studies and found out that virtually everyone in the world have trace levels of that chemical in their bodies. (YES!!!) There are no long term studies of how it affects our bodies, but they've decided to pull them out of the market just to be safe.....

Read it from a business magazine about a month ago.....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ivory interiors are damn difficult to maintain!!!

Word of advice.....Refrain from opening the windows when you're cruising.....That'll sure dirty up the interior really quick!!!

Also with those cow hides, make sure you clean them very often......Dirt sinks in, they'll turn yellowish black, you're almost certain you'll never get it out!!!!!! Always protect the leather with a good leather cleaner and protector.....

Since the car has a dust/pollen filter, make good use of it......

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know it's been a while since anyone has posted to this, but, now that the cars w/ Ivory have been out there a while...

What's the Ivory Leather/Escaine like to maintain? Does it really get dirty that easily? If so, is it a pain to clean? I'm definitely looking at the Ivory leather for mine and was curious. My current car has black leather and I dread sitting in the seats once the sun has been beating on the car for a while.

let me know...

Thanks
Rich
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Rich (edited July 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
19 Posts
I suggest you put a cover on the front seats during winter or rainy season coz you tend to dirty it with your wet coat or jacket. Occassional leather cleaner and conditioner treatment will keep it clean and avoid cracking.

Spectra Blue/Ivory
-Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
ISt0g0
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing