Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys please read this and forward to as many people you know. I attended a meeting the other night, and there were over 180 people in support. This guy has a ton of cash and there is an 80% chance this will happen. Could you imagin a brand new drag strip and a 2 mile roadcourse? also planned is a 3/4 mile nascar oval. along with a ton of other stuff including shifter karts...

Top Gun Sports & Entertainment, Inc.
91 Knickerbocker Avenue Unit I
Bohemia, NY 11716
Phone: {631) 563-1587
Fax: (631) 563-1874
[email protected]
www.topgunse.com
* * *IMPORTANT UPDATE**I
Dear Friends,
My name is Peter Scalise III. I am the founder and CEO of Top Gun Entertainment Inc. As many know
my company is bchind a proposal to bring a world class, multi-venue, family orientated sports and entertainment facility to Long Island on county-owned property in Yaphank. I wanted to bring everyone
up-to-date on where the project currently stands and some background about how it has evolved to thispoint.
It's hard to believe but I have been at it for almost six years now. A great deal of time was spent in a losing battle with the town of Riverhead over the old Grumrnan property. I would feel bad but as many of you may or may not know nothing has been done at the Grumman property to this day. Because of
my experience and actions I have been called amongst many other things delusional, a dreamer and have been told repeatedly "this is Long Island you will never get a facility like that built here in a million
years". On the flip side I have been called a visionary, a person with an undaunted drive to succeed and a person with more ambition than people have ever seen. I remain undaunted and have the will and fuel to keep the drcam of this facility alive in the face of sometimeseemingly impossible odds. To be honest
every time I am sitting at my desk thinking to myself "what are you doing Pete, this is crazy" all I have to do is take one look at the thousands of emails and letters liom people all over LI and the Tri-State area in support of this project. Men, Women, children, entire families have come out in fbrce for this
proposal. That is what drives me to forge full steam ahead. Those responses are also what will make this
project a reality. We must remember that, government officials listen to one thing and one thing only THE
REGISTERED VOTER. Opinions and support of voters, is what drives their thought process and Plays a significant part in the positions they take on ideas and proposals like ours. So we need to keep
support rolling in from as many people as possible.
We are talking to all of our friends, family and neighbors about this project. We need you to do the same. We all need to keep writing, phoning and e-mailing our County Exec, County Legislators and
Town officials. The decision made as to what will be built at the county property in Yaphank will
ultimately be placed in the hands of the public. The more the public makes it clearly known that a family orientated sports and entertainment facility is what they want and need, the easier the decision making process will become government officials. It's easy to sit back and say "that this project will never happen anyway so why bother" but I assure everyone that's not the case. We have brought this project and its undeniably positive effects it will have on LI to the forefront with the county government. A legislative committee called the Yaphank County Center Review Committee
was formed back in June 2005 to review proposals for potential uses at the Yaphank propefiy. You will see this evening for the first time in public the exact presentation Top Gun did before the
committee on September 28, 2005. The presentation covers all we plan to do on that property. A11 who are involved with this project and covers all potential "problem" issues of the noise, traffic and
environmental concems that will inevitably arise. It was received well by the committee and the barrageof questions and negative comments we fully expected to hear did not occur.
Over the next six weeks this committee has scheduled three public hearings:

Novembcr l{ at Longwood High School from 7-9 Ph{
100 Longwood Road Middle Island, NY 11953

Novenrbcr 2l at Suf'fblk Communit-v College-Selden Campus frorn 7-9PN'1
Off Nicolls Road LIE Exit 62 North

Novcmher 3() at llellport Higlr School li'onr 7-91)\{
205 Beaver Dam Road Brookhaven, New York ll7l9

This is where the voice of the public can and must be heard. It is from these meetings and from information this committee gathers that they will use to issue a report to the county as to what they feel would be an appropriate use for the Yaphank property. We want that appropriate use to be a sports and
entertainment facility. This committee report is due to be completed and presented to the county in December 2005. The county at their discretion can then use the recommendations found in that report to
draft what is called an RFP (Requests for Proposals) for the Yaphank property. The RFP will describe the parameters of what the county seeks for the use of the Yaphank property frorn
potential developers. The RFP is due to be drafted and released to the public by December 31, 2005.
We are fully preparecl to respond to the RFP. As far as the exact amount of time that the County will
give potential responders to the RFP to put forth their proposals is undetermined at this time. Exactly
how long it will take the county to review the proposals that come in and make a decision on whom to
award the RFP to is also undetermined at this point. I must state that the RFP process is open to the
public and many other proposals can and most likely will come in for the use of the property. That is just
part of the mandated process.
This is again where YOU the supporters come into play. The more support shown for a project of this
nature the easier the job for our government officials. The more support shown the more likely the RFP
will call for a project of this nature.
In closing my friends-l can't stress it enough-Don't sit back-Don't say let someone else do it---You
want this project? Keep supporting it like you have been!
I sincerely thank you all and appreciate everything you've been doing. I hope to see you all at the gates
of Suffolk County Sports and Entertainment Park in the not so distant future.
Peter Scalise III

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Click on the links for more info... sign up and support thhis great new venue idea!!

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Just what I needed, more excuses to end up in Neew York. :approve:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on people show your support for this!!!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool glad to see some peeps getting involved... thanks again...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I thought this was already approved?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts