Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what is the proper way to Launch in the IS300 Auto/E-Shift? I know (or think I do) all the methods possible but unsure of which one yields the best results. I have tried Brake Stand (Power Braking) and even the dreaded Neutral Drop (Just once to see).

So what is the best way to launch, for the quickest reaction and times?

I have:

1. Place the car in neutral, as soon as you hit the gas throw it into drive at the exact same time and run it.

2. Place the car in neutral, rev the engine a tad and drop it into gear and run it (Neutral Drop)

3. Just put the car in drive and go.

4. Just put the car in Manual Mode (E-Shift) and go, shifting at about 5,900 RPMs

5. Just put the car in drive, and steadily increase the gas until you're in about third gear and then floor it (should be pretty closed to floored by this time anyway)

6. Press the brakes 3/4 the way down, and rev the engine til it's about 2,500 RPMs. Let go of the brakes, and floor the gas.

7. Same as #6 but this time with Manual Mode on, and shift at about 5,900 RPMs.

Can anyone tell me what method is the best, or do I have them all wrong?

Any and all help, would be helpful.
and would the TBKO Shift Kit, help my 0-60 Times at all? even 0.1 ?

Thanks.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I usually do number six, but I gate shift.......

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Yea, no trac, power on, a/c off, plus #6 with a gate shift for me.....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it thanks! .. cant believe I forgot about the Trac Off. Such a lame ass :)

I wont make the same mistake twice. Thanks for the input.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I forgot to turn off the trac once and the tires started howling and the engine just went "groan" and I said WTF. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Boosting the trac on sucks too..
when you jump on it, the ass end will start to swing out - trac will kick in and you'll suddenly stop moving for a second. The whole time the turbo's still spooling - its a frustrating experience..stupid trac.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
once I was at the track and took two qualifier runs with my A/C on did not even notice until someone pointed it out to me.

·
Registered
548 Posts
bartkat said:
I forgot to turn off the trac once and the tires started howling and the engine just went "groan" and I said WTF. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

BTW, your cars should be equipped as MOST ARE with a WOT switch for the A/C. that shuts off the ac clutch when your on the throttle.

So next time someone uses that excuse on you, you can :roll: at them :D

BTW: GET A STALL CONVERTER when you can

1 - 9 of 9 Posts