Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
discuss. or give me proper search queries b/c i can't find it.

i had my car dynoed but possibly the downshift messed up the power readings? i got 177whp and 188 wtq (injen+hiper) but the graphs spike around too much and those numbers are read off from the beginning of the graph (hence my belief that its inaccurate) thanks

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
or does that make a difference?

heres the image of the dyno:

notice by yellow arrow, the torque number read is from the moment he stomped on the gas.. (downshift) rather than when the car peaks out)

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lilaznboi said:
it's not "wrong"...its just that 4th gear is a 1.1 ratio...which is what u want. leaving it in the gate for 3rd would be easier than e-shift for 3rd...but there's no gate for 4...so the only option u have is eshift..
so my dyno is butchered aint it.... :oops: :cry: i guess i have to redo it while holding a high rpm in 4th, cuz i know e shift will downshift too if i gas it hard enough

·
Premium Member
52,282 Posts
Looks like it's measuring HP at 6000 RPM, whch is where it ought to be. Your numbers aren't that bad for WHP and Torque, for an automatic.

Lexus rates peak HP at 5800 RPM and max trorque at 3800 RPM.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
IS300GTE said:
Here is some help for you auto's, when you dyno

blueIS said:
maybe this is similiar on the line w/ what SRT was able to do, if my memory serves me correctly. when SRT released their first intake for 01', they 'cut' a wire(speed sensor?) while the car is running(i think), and the car locked at a gear.

IS300AllShow said:
well from all my experaince with all newwer tranny's if you disconnect the pluge to the trans this make the trans go into a fail safe of thrid gear you should never need to cut anything. when I dynoed my car this is what I did and the car never left 3rd.

Also if you want you could spend a ton of money and get what is called an e pack and you can set the gear you want so then you would be able to get forth gear for the dyno with no worries about it down shifting. but for just a Dyno run un plug the electiical looking plug on the trans and you will not get any gear but 3rd in forward. *** I WILL WARN YOU THOUGH THIS ALSO TAKES THE TRANS PRESSURE AND PUTS IT TO THE MAX IN ALL GEARS AND YOU SHOULD NOT PUT THE CAR IN REVERSE WITH IT DISCONNECTED AS THE PRESSURE WILL EXCED 425 PSI IN THE PUMP AND COULD FORCE THE CONVERTER TO BALOONE OUT OF THE PUMP.***

Hope this helps all the auto owners out there with there dynoing

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
When you get the car to the dyno, if you jack it up on the drivers side near the front and slide under the car. You will notice a plug going into the front of the tranny. Really close to the bellhousing. Unplug it and dyno the car. It sends the tranny into "safe mode". Which means it wont go out of third gear. So then dyno the car and put it in 1 and bump it to 2 and then 3 as your speed increase and get it to whatever RPM you want and hammer it. It will not downshift or upshift.

-Chad

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
Aubie83 said:
When you get the car to the dyno, if you jack it up on the drivers side near the front and slide under the car. You will notice a plug going into the front of the tranny. Really close to the bellhousing. Unplug it and dyno the car. It sends the tranny into "safe mode". Which means it wont go out of third gear. So then dyno the car and put it in 1 and bump it to 2 and then 3 as your speed increase and get it to whatever RPM you want and hammer it. It will not downshift or upshift.

-Chad
AUBIE IS BACK :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
1,717 Posts
Aubie83 said:

-Chad
and who told you that :wink: shoot me a PM or give me a call.

what aubie said is correct and really the only way to dyno an auto

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Aubie83 said:

-Chad
Aubbie, so when you dyno, you should only stay in 3rd? 4th is neglible? sorry, but i'm very new to the dyno and I want to make sure the guy doing the dyno knows what to do..

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Ok here it is in a nut shell...

Autos dyno in 4th which is really 3rd....

Reason being, 1st is 1st, 2nd is really overdrive, 3rd is really 2nd and 4th is really 3rd, which makes 5th really 4th...

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Freelance said:
Ok here it is in a nut shell...

Autos dyno in 4th which is really 3rd....

Reason being, 1st is 1st, 2nd is really overdrive, 3rd is really 2nd and 4th is really 3rd, which makes 5th really 4th...
Uh? :crazy: :crazy: :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.