Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my first thread (and post) was about some stupid technical forum-question, I should probably introduce my self with some pics of my newly aquired car.

My (real) name is Daniel, I live in Norway, I work as an engineer, designing all kinds of stuff for hydroelectric powerplants, and as of October 31st, I own a 2003 Lexus IS200 Sportcross!

The following pics were taken by the dealer I bought it from:

The car is all stock, apart from the head-unit:)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some pics I took myself, after driving the car home:
Sorry for the bad quality. There's not that much light out. I'm bracing myself. Winter is coming.

I absolutely LOVE this feature:

The engine is called 1GFE, and I know it's not that common in the US (or even exists there at all), but it's a six cylinder, 2 liter engine that produces around 160 hp. The power is transmitted to the rear wheels via a six-speed manual transmission.
Dunno if US-sportcrosses have this, but in addition to the normal traction-control (I can turn it off and go drifting!) there is also a "snow-mode" that reduces the throttle-response and makes the car more predictable on slippery conditions. No VSC, though.

Apart from that, the euro-version is pretty similar to the US-version, I guess.
It's got electric fully adjustable leather seats (with heating), suade door-panels, electric folding mirrors, automatic adjustable headlamps (xenon) and more speakers in the trunk alone than my Corolla had in its entirety :p

I'm really loving my new car and this forum, and I'm looking forward to spending lots of hours here (though my wife probably isn't!)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Very nice! Welcome bro! I see the mudguards on there...i like. =) You should paint match them. Yeah we have traction and VSC. I had to custom add a toggle switch though in order to fully drift without the vsc engaging. Do you have LSD? Winter is about here in my area, I gotta get my snow tires on soon.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I think this is the first sx I've seen with no sunroof, it's suprising how much that added interior height makes the car feel different. Also are your rear inner lights out? I thought they where running lights but there not on with the rest of your lights. Is that steering wheel stock? I thought those with color were add ons. Oh btw welcome to the site.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think this is the first sx I've seen with no sunroof, it's suprising how much that added interior height makes the car feel different. Also are your rear inner lights out? I thought they where running lights but there not on with the rest of your lights. Is that steering wheel stock? I thought those with color were add ons. Oh btw welcome to the site.
My rear inner lights? One of the licence-plate-lights are out, and since replacing them is a relatively cumbersome job, I'll probably use LEDs. Maybe you're referring to the rear fog lights? The two big red bug-eyes? Those work fine, but only when switched on:p They are brake lights/rear driving lights in the US.
The steering-wheel is stock, yes.

sway162: The car doesn't have an LSD, but it's still rather easy to drift when I turn the Traction control off. When it comes to getting up steep hills, it really is surprisingly good. I presume the traction control brakes the individual wheel that is slipping, and thereby forcing the power to the other wheel (hopefully with less slippage). The only problem I've had is with deep snow sludge, where the tires seem to "float" on the watery substance leaving the spikes in the tires unable to find any grip.

supra2k6: I haven't got many plans, but I'm planning to add a reverse camera for easier parking, as the previous owner installed a head-unit with a video-port.
I also wanna install a towing hitch, but the local Toyota shop wants a LOT of money to install. Probably gonna see if I can buy the hitch and get a cheaper shop to install it for me. Anyone know if this is purely bolt-on, apart from the electricals?
Another thing I'm considering is an engine-warmer to save on fuel and spare the engine too many cold starts.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"washed" the car today to get the dirty snow and ice off.
Some new pics:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts