Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my issue of turbo magazine and low and behold there was an article about a supra powered Lexus that had 952 hp. It was a nice write up about IS MAN'S car. Just wanted to say congrats. Also how the hell did you hit 720 hp on pump at 20.5lbs. Looks real good.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Anyone wanna scan the first page, so we can all drool till we hit up our local newstand?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
that guy is crazy.

i hope he hits the 1000 mark.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still want to know how the hell he hit 720hp on 20.5lbs?

Paul

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Hirun said:
that guy is crazy.

i hope he hits the 1000 mark.
He did with a 100 shot and can easily do it with a biger turbo, ie Y2K, he also does auto-x so it would be impractical to have a turbo that required a nitrous shot just to get it spooling.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I thought it was understood the BC was off or something was incorrect b/c he only made 260whp more with double that boost= doesnt add up. Congrats regardless, just hope people dont think they can hit 720whp on pump and have a motor after 1-2 pulls on the hwy.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LexISpooled said:
I thought it was understood the BC was off or something was incorrect b/c he only made 260whp more with double that boost= doesnt add up. Congrats regardless, just hope people dont think they can hit 720whp on pump and have a motor after 1-2 pulls on the hwy.

So did he hit 720 on pump? and at 20.5lbs of boost. Was just wondering.

Paul

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
RAVEN said:
So did he hit 720 on pump? and at 20.5lbs of boost. Was just wondering.

Paul
according to what he told us at the dyno thing a few weeks ago, its more like 650 rwhp on PUMP @ 20 psi....(depending on dyno conditions of course)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Congrats Charles hyung. Will the car be at HIN in Atlantic City?

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
yeah well i went out and bought the oct. issue on the newstands and low behold NO ISmans article...i didnt see it in there.,.....i was pissed....whats up guys.. did i get the wrong month?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tsopranoMB said:
according to what he told us at the dyno thing a few weeks ago, its more like 650 rwhp on PUMP @ 20 psi....(depending on dyno conditions of course)

Yea but in turbo mag. is says he hit 720 on pump. How is that?

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
RAVEN said:
Yea but in turbo mag. is says he hit 720 on pump. How is that?
Tks. everyone. I had a chance to get featured on Import Tuner, but passed for Turbo because it's just ole skool satisfying to be featured in Turbo magazine....

Paul, the 720whp was done on pump, I had a boost creep issue (which has been resolved). The car was pushed to it's limits in terms of timing and a/f. The current setting on the car at 19psi with conservative timing and 11.5 flat a/f, I'm pushing between 600-650whp sae on 3 different dynos (SRT, PFS, and one in NY on a dyno day with the Supra guys). All in different weather conditions (temp.). I love this PT76 GTS turbo, it's a big turbo yet very streetable. According to the top 1/4mile Supra guys, the 76 is considered small...geeezz. BL just ran 3 runs in the 8's with this PT76 GTS turbo & TH400 on their race car.... amazing

It's the Nov. issue of Turbo.

Peter, I had planned to be at HIN for months now, but just got called into an important meeting last week in Atlanta, and it just happens to be this weekend.... :( really sucks, but I gotta take care of business first..

Tks. everyone for all the support, and look for a different looking car in another magazine soon ;)

Charles

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
congrats to charles. the NE guys knew it was coming, but im glad to see it finally out. his car is sick, he is truly a pioneer in the game.

let the fight about the numbers go. keep this thread as a congrats thread as intended, not as a fight over dyno numbers. that shit gets old quick, real quick. give props to the man for what he has done for the is300 community, and let the bs go.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts