Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this past weekend being spring break and all... my buddys all wanted to go out to a place called little moab. its just like moab but smaller ( well Duh ) and go rock crawling with there jeeps. me not haveing a jeep still wanted to go and they said i could take my car out and park it down befor the rocks and they would come down and grab me.. im not that trusting to leave my car down in the middle of nowhere so i decided to take the car up to where they were camped took some pics along the way. had to go up some slick rocks and around some nice bumps to get there but i did it with out scraping once. thus prooving the IS needs too be slammed otherwise its just a luxury rock crawler!! lol anyway now its time for the pics.

sorry about quality i took theese with my blackberry.

i showed theese to people and they say it looks like something out of a car add. something you dont see everyday.

and fyi the car was detailed the second i got home and i inspected it and there was not a scratch :)

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
i would say would have had a lot more fun at the bottom drifting :)

Reactions: BBAtl6

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
wow.....off road

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh i had fun on the way in it takes about 15min of all dirt road i had some drifting fun

·
Registered
496 Posts
haha great pictures your pretty brave for even trying it. Last picture is awesome looks like your about to go down that.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hey bud, what part of Utah are you in?

Too bad you didn't have your camera. Those are great pics.

I once took my sister-in-law's Legacy out on the San Rafael Swell (desert). Never seen a car go through terrain like that before. We were pretty scared we wouldn't get back.

The mechanic later told her he had no idea how someone could bend a control arm like that :lol:

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
In my 7 years on this board, this is a first...

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Dude, you need a lift kit! lol! Very cool, something you don't see everyday at ALL! Thx for the humor.:)

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
In my 7 years on this board, this is a first...
I thought that at first as well. But now, i cant recall the thread. But i *think* somebody might have done something similar.

Maybe it was a mud-rally.

Eitherway its retarded. The is300 is made for pavement. :) But he did make his point.

·
Registered
439 Posts
now i know the IS is a little high stock, but thats pushin it lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
lmfao awesome job.. I personally would never try this with my Lexus but street cred or i guess "off road" cred should be given to you for sure! Excellent Pics!

·
Registered
109 Posts
with my shit lowered, I feel like I'm rock crawlin every speed bump I hit. nice pic though! haha

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey bud, what part of Utah are you in?

Too bad you didn't have your camera. Those are great pics.

I once took my sister-in-law's Legacy out on the San Rafael Swell (desert). Never seen a car go through terrain like that before. We were pretty scared we wouldn't get back.

The mechanic later told her he had no idea how someone could bend a control arm like that :lol:
i live in pleasant grove its about 30 miles south of salt lake city. the little moab is on the west side of utah lake and a bit more south

I thought that at first as well. But now, i cant recall the thread. But i *think* somebody might have done something similar.

Maybe it was a mud-rally.

Eitherway its retarded. The is300 is made for pavement. :) But he did make his point.
ya i made my point thats all i wanted to do. im not takeing the car off road again lol scared the crap out of me and becids its being slammed soon.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts