Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys think the eibach prokit will look good with 18" rota d2's
i really want those wheels but i need to find some springs thatll look good with them. I'm going to buy the Koni or Tokico illumna shocks some time later.. I want a nice flush drop with the wheels not rubbing, nothing too harsh. does anyone know if the H&R's are more stiff than the prokit? I also want to run a staggered setup with those wheels, but could only find 18x8's. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
18x8? That's pizza cutter sizing.

Why would you buy rota D2's. Those are some horrible looking knockoff rims and look like ass.

PLEASE don't buy them. They will make your car look horrible.

Why buy a Lexus only to put cheap wheels on it?

·
Registered
472 Posts
18x8? That's pizza cutter sizing.

Why would you buy rota D2's. Those are some horrible looking knockoff rims and look like ass.

PLEASE don't buy them. They will make your car look horrible.

Why buy a Lexus only to put cheap wheels on it?
dont listen to that guy. can u really justify spending 2-3k on rims for the simple fact of personal satisfaction and showing off? seriously rims are rims and ROTA is a perfectly good brand.

anyway... im running on tein flex's on the D2's with 18x8 all around (will be getting the 18x9's in the back sometime soon though) theres tons a couple places that offer a staggered set, just gotta look. id give u a link to the sites i had but my damn browser updated on me and erased all my boomarks.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
dont listen to that guy. can u really justify spending 2-3k on rims for the simple fact of personal satisfaction and showing off? seriously rims are rims and ROTA is a perfectly good brand.

anyway... im running on tein flex's on the D2's with 18x8 all around (will be getting the 18x9's in the back sometime soon though) theres tons a couple places that offer a staggered set, just gotta look. id give u a link to the sites i had but my damn browser updated on me and erased all my boomarks.
Rims aren't just rims. Piss poor thinking is the reason why shitty companies such as Rota and Sportmax are still around. Their rims are made with cheap metal and aren't thought through. The knockoff face designs look like ass, not to mention the horrible sizes they come in. If it wasn't for established companies, rota wouldn't exist.

You don't have to spend 3k on rims. You can get a good set for 1.5k second hand easily.

Rims are one of the first things people notice about a car that isn't stock. If I see your car, I will see that you are obviously one who doesn't care about quality and one who is a cheapass.

What's more funny is people who are broke hate on the people who buy the proper items for their car. Like spending money is bad. hahaha.

Dude, you fail at life. Go drive your rotamobile to starbucks or something and pretend you have money.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Rims aren't just rims. Piss poor thinking is the reason why shitty companies such as Rota and Sportmax are still around. Their rims are made with cheap metal and aren't thought through. The knockoff face designs look like ass, not to mention the horrible sizes they come in. If it wasn't for established companies, rota wouldn't exist.

You don't have to spend 3k on rims. You can get a good set for 1.5k second hand easily.

Rims are one of the first things people notice about a car that isn't stock. If I see your car, I will see that you are obviously one who doesn't care about quality and one who is a cheapass.

What's more funny is people who are broke hate on the people who buy the proper items for their car. Like spending money is bad. hahaha.

Dude, you fail at life. Go drive your rotamobile to starbucks or something and pretend you have money.

Did you get the memo? Putting money (especially RIMZZ YO!) into a depreciating asset (such as a car) isn't really a good thing.

Not everyone has $1500 to spend on wheels. Mr. 12 year old.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Did you get the memo? Putting money (especially RIMZZ YO!) into a depreciating asset (such as a car) isn't really a good thing.

Not everyone has $1500 to spend on wheels. Mr. 12 year old.
Sucks to be your. Rims are an asset if you take care of them.

Especially if you buy second hand.

I would never suggest running crap rims. Sure, the cars might depreciate, but taking care of your car and putting quality parts into it will not only allow it to look nice, but will also yield higher prices when it comes time to sell said car.

But if I see an IS for sale with rotas, I'd offer even lower than I would if the car came with the oem wheels.

Just because you are too cheap (dumb?) to have quality rims doesn't give you the right to try and dog those who have taste.

Oh snap.

Pokèmon Diamond & Pearl is about to come one...

Brb in 30mins! ^___________^; Y

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sucks to be your. Rims are an asset if you take care of them.

Especially if you buy second hand.

I would never suggest running crap rims. Sure, the cars might depreciate, but taking care of your car and putting quality parts into it will not only allow it to look nice, but will also yield higher prices when it comes time to sell said car.

But if I see an IS for sale with rotas, I'd offer even lower than I would if the car came with the oem wheels.

Just because you are too cheap (dumb?) to have quality rims doesn't give you the right to try and dog those who have taste.

Oh snap.

Pokèmon Diamond & Pearl is about to come one...

Brb in 30mins! ^___________^; Y

I suggest you stop using the internet.

You will NEVER, EVER get your money back when you sell your modded car. I don't care how expensive your mods are.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I suggest you stop using the internet.

You will NEVER, EVER get your money back when you sell your modded car. I don't care how expensive your mods are.
If you sell a car with Rotas, it won't make as much money as a car equip with Works and such.

You can buy a part second hand then chances are you could try and break even on some parts.

With the logic that's going around, people shouldn't give a shit how their car looks because one day they will sell it.

I don't mod my car with intention to sell. I mod it for me. Just that I happen to get higher than average then I should when I do sell them. Lucky me.

·
13,727 Posts
^^^^^If Mel is short for "Melanie" then what the hell......But then again you are 12 remember? I dont need Chris Hansen poping out from around a corner y'know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you sell a car with Rotas, it won't make as much money as a car equip with Works and such.

You can buy a part second hand then chances are you could try and break even on some parts.

With the logic that's going around, people shouldn't give a shit how their car looks because one day they will sell it.

I don't mod my car with intention to sell. I mod it for me. Just that I happen to get higher than average then I should when I do sell them. Lucky me.
For Zar
He said "i really want those wheels but i need to find some springs thatll look good with them."

You said "I don't mod my car with intention to sell. I mod it for me."

Maybe you should pay attention before you knock someone's taste because it looks like he is also modding his car for him versus for resale purposes which is exactly what you say you do. Besides, he never asked you what you thought of his rim choice, he simply asked which springs would look best with them.

·
Registered
472 Posts

lol are you serious?

ur calling me a cheapass and you keep backing the fact of buying SECONDHAND rims. if your soo big baller why not just buy some brand new ones right? your such a joke.

your logic on why Rota and sportmaxx is basically just your opinion. cheap metal?says who your crackhead mom? horrible sizes? lol seems like your just mad b/c they dont fit our cars.

do yourself a favor keep your worthless opinions and "advice" to yourself

o yea. id like to see a picture of what your ride looks like b/c im sure its modded with only top notch stuff right?:suspiciou

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
lol are you serious?

ur calling me a cheapass and you keep backing the fact of buying SECONDHAND rims. if your soo big baller why not just buy some brand new ones right? your such a joke.

your logic on why Rota and sportmaxx is basically just your opinion. cheap metal?says who your crackhead mom? horrible sizes? lol seems like your just mad b/c they dont fit our cars.

do yourself a favor keep your worthless opinions and "advice" to yourself

o yea. id like to see a picture of what your ride looks like b/c im sure its modded with only top notch stuff right?:suspiciou
I never said I buy second hand. I have no problem buying stuff new. I'm saying he can be a baller on a budget.

I said they have horrible sizing because they aren't aggressive enough for me.

As for the statement on selling, it wasn't to OP, but another member who made a comment on it.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I never said I buy second hand. I have no problem buying stuff new. I'm saying he can be a baller on a budget.

As for the statement on selling, it wasn't to OP, but another member who made a comment on it.

Lets see your $4000 HRE's then.

·
Registered
472 Posts

i only said what i did b/c you keep putting yourself out as being some big baller yet your not? quit trying to instruct people to go out and spend unnecessary amounts of money on stuff YOU feel is needed. OP only wanted to know about if some wheels would fit or not yet u fill the thread with your BS. quit trolling

1 - 20 of 28 Posts