Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to cut the stock shifter down 1-1.5'' and then weld it to make a custom short shifter. Is this possible? and so, how?
I have the shifter already, and I was wondering how to take the black "jacket" thing off. Is it important or is it just to soften the throws. I heard of people doing it with Supras, and my friend just did it to his eclipse but it seems pretty complicated.
Any feedback would be appreciated

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
thelex-IS said:
I want to cut the stock shifter down 1-1.5'' and then weld it to make a custom short shifter. Is this possible? and so, how?
I have the shifter already, and I was wondering how to take the black "jacket" thing off. Is it important or is it just to soften the throws. I heard of people doing it with Supras, and my friend just did it to his eclipse but it seems pretty complicated.
Any feedback would be appreciated
There's someone on .net that has done this. Technically, you're just shortening the shifter height. The throws haven't changed because the pivot/fulcrum point is still at the same location. If you want a short throw shifter it might be safer to look at the PHR or PLP short shifter. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Talk to dut.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts