Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello My.is members!

So I have installed this product form Token Solutions (BlackSportD) the product simulates the oxygen sensor and heater signals for B1S2 and B2S2. What this means is no check engine light! Many simulators out there only simulate the oxygen sensor signal and not the heater signal, Token Solutions is the only product that has Plug and Play (no soldering!). The installation cannot be made any easier.

So I wanted to put this product to the test, I plugged in my TechStream and viewed the monitor data. Everything passed with flying colors! I tested and tested and tested over and over again. Next thing I did was decide to go get my emissions tested. End result, well just look at the picture below; on the left are the ready monitors, they all passed.

I want to thank BlackSportD for a fantastic product that will alow many people to run piggy back computers such as AEM FI/C without having to see those pesky CEL. Heck even some stand alones still give you CEL, this will solve the problem for many people.

Thanks BlackSportD!

Edit: this product can be found HERE!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
BlackSportD ............Has awesome products and Hes pretty awesome himself .......

I also have bought the Token solutions O2 sim and couldnt be happier!!!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hello My.is members!

So I have installed this product form Token Solutions (BlackSportD) the product simulates the oxygen sensor and heater signals for B1S2 and B2S2. What this means is no check engine light! Many simulators out there only simulate the oxygen sensor signal and not the heater signal, Token Solutions is the only product that has Plug and Play (no soldering!). The installation cannot be made any easier.

So I wanted to put this product to the test, I plugged in my TechStream and viewed the monitor data. Everything passed with flying colors! I tested and tested and tested over and over again. Next thing I did was decide to go get my emissions tested. End result, well just look at the picture below; on the left are the ready monitors, they all passed.

I want to thank BlackSportD for a fantastic product that will alow many people to run piggy back computers such as AEM FI/C without having to see those pesky CEL. Heck even some stand alones still give you CEL, this will solve the problem for many people.

Thanks BlackSportD!

Edit: this product can be found HERE!
I have this mod w/ Mazzuri headers and 3" single pipe, couldn't be happier. I would also suggest this if you have failing O2 sensors. why by 1 O2 sensor that you may have to replace again in the future when this cost about the same and you will never have to replace again!!

Just My 2cents,
Scott

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i may have to get this thing :approve:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nyke,

Are you running aftermarket headers and downpipes or stock?
I am currently only running a custom y and b-pipe with a intake. I will be supercharging soon and I want to put headers in its place so I got this and many other items of my interest to help support my build.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Nyke has been too nice. There has been an issue with his sim and I have been working with him to get it rectified. He has been so great about it all that I feel like I'm the customer and he is the business haha.

The new stuff was sent off yesterday, thanks again Nyke and I look forward to reading write ups on your future plans.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nyke has been too nice. There has been an issue with his sim and I have been working with him to get it rectified. He has been so great about it all that I feel like I'm the customer and he is the business haha.

The new stuff was sent off yesterday, thanks again Nyke and I look forward to reading write ups on your future plans.
Awesome! I do not get mad about things like this because I deal with problems like what we had with that sim all damn day!:pissed: :pissed: damn toyota's!!!

also Shaun you are very quick with your service. I give you a 10/10 easily.

The build will mostly take place over winter, just going to put on what I can before I put the procharger on ;)

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
I installed the kit from Shaun at Tokensolutions, but I'm having a slight problem getting an inspection sticker in MA... The inspection computer is reporting that the Catalyst System and EVAP system are "Not Ready". The inspection guy was 100% aware of the complete lack of cats, and the 02 simulator setup. I have no check engine light, so I'd guess that it's working, but just not sure why the inspection computer cannot give me a sticker.

Before the O2 sim, the car failed an inspection... BUT, it was "ready" for the inspection machine. Now it won't fail, just because it's not "ready". Any ideas?

All I'm supposed to do for installation is plug this thing into the O2 sensor harnesses, right? Is there any other wiring involved?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no there should not be any wireing, however you probably did not drive the vehicle long enough to let the ready monitors trigger, takes about 30 minutes.

·
10,234 Posts
I installed the kit from Shaun at Tokensolutions, but I'm having a slight problem getting an inspection sticker in MA... The inspection computer is reporting that the Catalyst System and EVAP system are "Not Ready". The inspection guy was 100% aware of the complete lack of cats, and the 02 simulator setup. I have no check engine light, so I'd guess that it's working, but just not sure why the inspection computer cannot give me a sticker.

Before the O2 sim, the car failed an inspection... BUT, it was "ready" for the inspection machine. Now it won't fail, just because it's not "ready". Any ideas?

All I'm supposed to do for installation is plug this thing into the O2 sensor harnesses, right? Is there any other wiring involved?
Just because a CEL is not on doesn't mean the OBDII port is ready. Codes are stored within the memory of the obd, until you take the car thru a few drive cycles. The car needs to go thru a few cycles and enough data has been transmitted between the OBD and ECU, inorder for the OBD system goes into a ready state. Try driving the car for a few days and retest.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Ya I actually installed it Thursday, then drove 800 miles from MA to the OH2K9 meet, and back (I know it requires X amount of drive cycles, so I was constantly shutting my car off everywhere i went, stops and whatnot.)

However, it was only running about 5-10 minutes before I tried to retest for my sticker. The 30 min thing would make sense here... I'll try that tonight and see what happens...

1 - 20 of 99 Posts