Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay here is the story.

somehow a little tiny bug got stuck in my gauge cluster and i want to get it out. how to i open it?

another problem is that the bottom right light inside the gauge cluster is out i think. its very dim. how do i open that up to fix the bulb?

is this an easy fix guys? all help is needed.

P.S. the speedometer looks like it only goes up to 140 since its so dim.:(

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
well, getting the cluster out is easy, but i haven't personally taken it apart so i can't help you answer that part.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Once the cluster is pulled from the car which is fairly easy, you need to turn the cluster around and look at it from behind. Once you are doing that there are a bunch of little bulbs which illuminate the gage cluster you need to determine which one would be the bulb that is dim probably the far right one all the way on the bottom. There is no way really to no which bulb is bad. As for the bug i really have no idea were to go with that one. Sorry

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
LEXTASY34 said:
Once the cluster is pulled from the car which is fairly easy, you need to turn the cluster around and look at it from behind. Once you are doing that there are a bunch of little bulbs which illuminate the gage cluster you need to determine which one would be the bulb that is dim probably the far right one all the way on the bottom. There is no way really to no which bulb is bad. As for the bug i really have no idea were to go with that one. Sorry

I would follow his idea with checking for the bad bulb and at the same time there should be some small opening to where the bug got in. there is a way in for the bug and certainly a way out of the cluster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts