Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just upgraded to 8.0 (i have been using 5.0 for the longest time) and ever since i did the upgrade my computer has been crashing on me. i ask a few buddies and they have been experiencing the same problem.
anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
get rid of aol if you can, its quite invasive and horrific. any chance of dsl or cable?

if not, try reinstalling a different version of 8.0

-gte

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
dang.....that sux.......hmm....that means u got AIM too...wut's ur sn ? :p

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I have had AOL 8.0 for quite a while and no problems:

Dell 8200 w/ Pentium 4 1.3 GHz running Windows Me. The system slows down on every so often but rebooting solves it. It is an incremental improvement over 7.0, primarily it looks better.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
CRB said:
I have had AOL 8.0 for quite a while and no problems:

Dell 8200 w/ Pentium 4 1.3 GHz running Windows Me. The system slows down on every so often but rebooting solves it. It is an incremental improvement over 7.0, primarily it looks better.
Theres YOUR problem.

As for AOL, I have seen few problems that are really related to AOL and I have been using it since it came on floppy disk instead of CD. I wouldnt recommend 8.0 unless you are running a decent machine, that is stable to begin with. It is a lot more intense on your machine than 7 was. 7 seems to be the best right now IMO.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a DEll 2300 with a 2.0ghz Pentium 4 on Windows XP with AOL 8.0 and it is running fine. I hate aol, and want to get Cable soon but for the time being it is fine. but i guess it helps that the computer is 3 days old.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Reload the machine. AOL is a problem, period.

Plus, you'll never get rid of it unless you format and start over !: )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
Tha Reaper
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing