Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently purchased a TRD Sports Air Filter, and i tried to replace my OEM one and it wouldnt fit. i made sure i got the right one, and while i was trying to put it in the air box it broke and few tabs inside. any help please???
i have a 01', would this have a smaller air box than the later years? would i have to modify the box itself for the filter to fit?

:pissed:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
what tabs are you referring to. I dont remember any tabs except for the clips to hold the filter cover closed. i have an 02. maybe take a pic and post. maybe the direction of ur filter is wrong.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I think there's some kinda slight modification you have to do to the TRD filter to get it to fit properly. There was a thread done by the owner of the website about this. If you search... hopefully you'll find it. I don't have a chance right now to look for it.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
which TRD filter, JDM or USDM? did you put it in backwards?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry i cant take pictures right now cuz my gf has my camera... : ( but the filter i got i think is JDM, and part number is 17801-JA810 which is a class D and our engine model is in it which is 2JZ-GE,1JZ-GE right?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
sorry i cant take pictures right now cuz my gf has my camera... : ( but the filter i got i think is JDM, and part number is 17801-JA810 which is a class D and our engine model is in it which is 2JZ-GE,1JZ-GE right?
part number should end in JS610, and engine is 3S-GE (Toyota Altezza). wrong part

should be this one, goes right in:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Pictures would help when you get the chance. I swear somewhere on this forum there is a thread explaining an adjustment that needs to be made to to get the TRD filter to fit properly.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Pictures would help when you get the chance. I swear somewhere on this forum there is a thread explaining an adjustment that needs to be made to to get the TRD filter to fit properly.
i used that JDM TRD filter last year there are no adjustments needed it's like the blitz or sard or oem identical dimensions, drop in

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea chado was right. +rep for you. thank you everyone for your help. now i needa get rid of this dam filter!...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts