Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did my search on this one, intensively, but i found out that most post were all about the people whining here and there, but ends with no solutions...

i have this rattling noise come from the pillar of the driver's side, and also tons of rattling from the dash board... try my luck with lexus dealer, twice, and they say that it was normal due to all plastic shit covering the dash board, and for my pillar, they just say some plastic thingy inside cause em, so it was normal... :bitching:

they let me drove the 2001, and on them i also heard tons of rattling noise which was even worse !

so just remind me guys... are we stuck with this most reliable car on its class but gotta live with all the crackings and squeaking noise as long as we own them, i mean is this normal for all is300 goddamnit !!!

if anybody has gone the length and did able to get the problems fixed, please post your solution, because i lived each day in torture on why my lexus create even more noise than my girlfriend's accord... :(

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i dont hear any rattling either..

I have about 4200 miles on it so far..

Maybe it's your change that's rattling .. and not your dash ? ?

cuz whenever I put change in the Cigarette box thingie ~ I hear it rattle... but when I told the change it doesn't .. so I know it's that

but besides that I dont hear anything..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Don't have any rattling in my car, 9500 miles. That complaint is probably one of the most blown off problems reported at a dealership. Their first response will be they don't hear it, if you listen with them and find it then they say it's a normal occasional thing.
My girl got that with her new Accord. She's going back to them and making them hear it and do something about it.
Keep at them and let them know you're not happy, remember be persistent, not an asshole.

·
Registered
535 Posts
for the rattle in the dash board, my dealer fix it by putting more pads in between the plastic and ..the .. " gap " area ..as they told me.
besides that ... no more rattling.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the rattle kinda occur once in a while, just drove her around for lunch and all, no rattle...

even the seatbelt squak was gone, so i guess this car has a mine of its own...

fuck btw, i just scratch my drager exhaust 10 minutes ago :bitching:

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
No rattling here at all, just a little squeeking from the sunroof when I go over speed bumps and stuff, but no rattles or squeeks other than that.

Are the roads really bad where you live or something?

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
do you have anything in the door compartments? because when my car used to rattle a lot and i figured out that it was just from object inside the door compartment

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
2001 IS300
14000 miles
no rattling whatsoever

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
2002 and
14000 miles and not a single rattle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
28 Participants
Benign
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing