Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aite well i reset my ecu today and everythang came out fine nothing was wrong except for my power windows they only work on the drivers side but i cant controll the passenger side with the driver side panel. i was jus wondering how im supposed to fix that problem if anyone knows, help me out thanks

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
make sure the window lock isn't on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know i made sure i checked that.i tried with it on and then off right after and they still dont roll down.i can only roll the windows down from each own button i jus dont have control from my driver panel and the auto up and down feature doesnt work i have to hold the button down.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah man i dont.when it comes to starting my engine everything stock. i jus changed my push start button thats it.but im sure that isnt the problem. if i cant get it figured out or if no one knows wat to do to fix it then its fine i was planning on takin it to the dealer anyways soon for service.i jus wanted to see if anyone could make it easier for me and tell me something but either way its allll good thanks for the help anyways

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
fuse or relay? although i dont know where the fuse or relay woud located for the driver side switches. see if manual says anything about their locations

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah mayb e i need to that. i jus wasnt sure if they would show me how to do it in the manual but thanks for the advice. i kinda figured i would have to reprogram my window panel jus didnt know exactly how but thanks im goin to go try that. thanks everyone

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yo Knightshade thanks i jus read my manual and wat do u know it tells me right there that after disconnecting the battery u have to reprogram the powerwindows.and i did it now everything works.u saved me a trip to lexus jus in case anyone decides to reset there ecu after u do it in order to get ur windows workin again u jus have to go to every window and roll it down HALF WAY and then roll it bak up all the way and while rolling it up keep holdin up the button for a SEC or 2 after it closes then your windows should work fine.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
i have disconnected my battery many times and never had to do any of this you speak of. did all you do was disconnect the battery?

the only thing that i had to re-program was the radio. even the garage door opener stayed programed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ohh naw i reset my ecu i only disconnected the negative side and i pumped my brakes until the electricity was drained out.so im guessing u unplugged ur battery but u never pumped ur brakes to drain the electricity.but yeah other than that everythaing else stil workn my garage and radio and all that good stuff

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
i have disconnected my battery many times and never had to do any of this you speak of. did all you do was disconnect the battery?

the only thing that i had to re-program was the radio. even the garage door opener stayed programed.
IS300's don't have this issue... but with the 2nd Gens you have to re-program the window switches.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
IS300's don't have this issue... but with the 2nd Gens you have to re-program the window switches.
ahh didnt even see that it was 2nd gen.. i use the RSS feed to pop in and out new threads.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hahaha no wonder. i didnt realize u were talkin about a is300.mybad man. but yeah 2gen u gotta reprogram the windows but thats all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts