Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car back from the body shop yesterday only to find that my viper 791xv alarm will not arm. I don't know if the problem has to do with them disconnecting my battery but it seems as if there is no signal at all. When I press the button to arm the vehicle, the pager/remote beeps twice and it remains unlocked. Anyone know what this is about? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The body shop re-painted my hood and trunk. I don't know why my battery was disconnected but I know it was because my clock was off and the cd player settings were reset.

·
Registered
150 Posts
they might have disconnected one of the alarm power/ground wires when they were under the hood..i would take it back to where you had it installed b.c the body shop probably won't know what the hell is going on

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn I was hoping there was some way to troubleshoot the problem like messing with the valet switch or something. Like the system was reset or something. Man leave it to the body shop to do one good thing and then screw up another....

·
Registered
150 Posts
yea, i was thinking it might be something simple because i have the 791 on my truck and i've never had any problem with it..but i know that when they first did the programming they had to push the button on the back and hold all 4 front buttons for like 10 secs until it beeped..then you could configure everything..this is the user guide, i think it has a troubleshooting section, good luck
http://www.viper.com/guides/manuals/og/viper/G564V_07-05.pdf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts