Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home tonight and my friend called and told me my lights werent on but they were so it was just my tailights that were out. Couldnt figure out why then i noticed my angel eyes are also not on. Could this be just a fuse? my angel eyes are wired to the parking lights

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i changed the fuse and then it blew it right away so i got home and checked everything then the only fuse i had was a 15 instead of 10 so i just put that in and my taillights work but only my right angel eyes worked. checked all the wires and tried it again and it still didnt work so i just disconnected the right angel eye so i at least have tail lights and put a 10 back in. anyone know what could be wrong with it?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Do not put a larger amp fuse in in subsitution of a lower amp fuse. The fuse blows because there is a short somewhere and the fuse blows first in order to protect the rest of your circuit.

BUN

·
Registered
38 Posts
Most likely a short somewhere check the wiring in the lights.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
the short might have some by the inverter blowing on the halos...take the inverter box form the halos that are working and hook it up to the other side...if they work you popped the box and you'll need a new one, if not, your halos are out

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
before you assume your halos are out, splice the halo and inverter wires together (cut off the quick connect). my halos went out because the quick connect shorted my lights since the wires were so close...problem solved. gl

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright ill try these things. thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts