Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a very significant problem, every time i drive somewhere or am at a four way stop, people stare and dont pay attention to the road, I've had a guy stop in the middle of making a left turn at a four way stop in the middle of the intersection and pointing, I've had people turn their heads while trying to steer their car and others tailgate me and sometimes drive by my driveway four or five times and point...this is very serious, ppl could get hurt...
i never said it was a BAD problem...hehehe i lvoe the attention, almost as much as i love this car...a week and ive only got 680 miles on it...the exhaust sounds sweeter everyday

got me a 2000/2001 Lexus press kit and its pretty informative, lots of color slides...nice cover too...stuff about th IS and the new convertible...oh yeah...
<this post has no importance whatsoever>

·
Registered
129 Posts
Get used to the attention for another month or so. I really haven't seen Lexus going gung-ho on the ads yet so when people see the car they go nuts. I was once reading a review in a car magazine about a Ferrari and the tester kept having people stare at his car. It got so bad that a person hit his car because he was trying to get a better look at it. So be defensive for the time being.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have only had two people stare at my car and one of them was driving another IS300. It is not fair! I wondering if they think I'm just driving a civic. All I want is a little attention.
Chris

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh man!

I'm trying to show some patience and wait till Sep - Oct to get mine, and you guys are not making it any easier...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I wondering if they think I'm just driving a civic. [/B]
I keep wondering this same thing. And coupled with all the honduh-boyracer's giving me thumbs up makes me wonder... A guy in an LS400 actually shook his head at me, I guess he can't believe Lexus makes a yellow car or he was thinking "what the hell did he do to his Lexus"... who knows.

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300
Solar Yellow Exterior
LSD, Black L/E
Moonroof, wheel locks, trunk mat

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, all the attention is tough to take. My wife and I are getting all kinds of attention in our silver one. A-yo doncorleone, could just imagine what envious stares you're getting in the blue. If I was younger I'd be all over that color!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts